If, like me, you love super straight hair then the looks shown during NYFW were for you. Throw in a beautiful hair accessory and you’re all set for the hot hair trends for next Spring and Summer!
The hair look for the Rodarte Spring Summer 2016 show was inspired by natural beauty, a world often captured by the words of poets, according to Kate and Laura Mulleavy. With this theme in mind, Odile Gilbert worked with the personality and unique beauty of each model. She parted the hair the way they typically wear it and gave each model the creative freedom to place the floral barrette wherever they pleased. The placement of the hair accessories was left purposefully unpredictable to pique interest and create variety throughout the show. All hair was worn down, but unique, allowing the models’ personalities to shine through.
Get The Look:
All products are available on Kerastase-USA.com
1. Start with damp hair.
2. For added texture and body, spray Powder Bluff, on the roots and in between all layers of hair. For medium/thick hair textures, apply a liberal amount of Crème de la Crème on hair to help control the look.
3. Next, roughly blow-dry hair using fingers which allows for a natural finish. Twirl strands of hair with fingers throughout, as necessary, for subtle texture.
4. Find the hair’s natural part using fingers or the end of comb, then place the hair accessory in different unexpected places for an avant-garde, playful look.
5. Secure placement of hair accessories by fastening with bobby pins.
6. Finish the style with Laque Dentelle for a flexible, natural hold.
Luigi Murenu for Kérastase Paris created sleek looks for the Givenchy Spring Summer 2016 show. Super straight hair was featured as well as an accessory headband to keep hair all in place.
Zang Toi transported the audience to the Greek Isles with his Spring/Summer 2016 “Splendor of Santorini” collection. But it wasn’t just the designs that stole the show. Using Macadamia Professional products, Eiji Yamane created the “Straight and Narrow” hairstyle with a distinct center part and long, sleek, shiny locks.
Get The Look:
- Slightly dampen hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head and evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion through the roots to the ends.
- Take back large sections and blow dry with a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
- In one inch sections, run a flat iron to straighten all hair and then apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray to create a sleek, lustrous effect.
- To add fullness and length, clip on extensions starting just behind the top of one ear, moving across the back of the head until you reach the same spot behind the other ear.
- Once extensions are in place, gather large sections and run a straightener through one last time to blend the real hair and extensions together.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist to boost shine and finish with a touch of the Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray to tame fly aways and provide light hold.
Stylist Ted Gibson created amazing looks for the Pamella Roland show.
Get The Look:
- Create center part
- Blowout smooth with Kerastase’s Mousse Bouffante
- Apply L’Oreal Professionnel’s Wet Domination Extreme Splash to roots only (about 1-2 inches) for super sleek shine and texture
- Take section in the back of the head behind the ears and attach barrette
- Hair in front of ears sits in front of shoulders, smooth down back of hair
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Are you a fan of super sleek hair? What do you think of these looks?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.