It’s award season – our favorite time of year! While everyone else was glued to their tv screens to learn who won the coveted SAG Awards, we couldn’t keep our eyes off of the stunning hair and makeup looks of the night. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites and even included step-by-step guides on how to get the looks at home!
Evan Rachel Wood, of Westworld, was a nominee for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. Her flawless makeup was done by Toby Fleischman for IT Cosmetics.
The inspiration?: “One of the many things I love about Evan is she always likes to keep them guessing. So for our SAG awards look, she wanted to compliment the incredible blue velvet Altuzarra suit with a really feminine beauty look which is something we haven’t done in a while. In fact, our reference point for the day was a “Snow White fairytale.” We kept the focus on her gorgeous porcelain complexion and created a soft, gold “doll eye.” It was the perfect complement for a bold lip.”
To get started, I used Confidence In A Cream to give her a great moisturized canvas and Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream to prep the eye area.
I have been using IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream on Evan religiously now for a while, but I’m really loving the new Confidence In A Compact Skin-Transforming Full Coverage. The Solid Super Serum in Light is amazing on her skin. The Brow Power Super Skinny Brow Pencil in Universal Gray has been a game changer for me, especially with Evan’s cool hair color these days. It’s the perfect ashy grey color that makes her brows look really natural.
For that doll-baby eye, I prepped the eyelid with Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Concealer. I smudged Mocha & Warmth from the Naturally Pretty Palette into her crease and under the eye and then layered on top the gorgeous gold “Unstoppable” color from the Superhero Palette. I popped the Transforming Pearl shimmer color from the same palette in the corner of the eye and under the brow bone.
I always tend to mix a few blushes together for a custom shade and on Evan’s cheeks today is Ombré Radiance Blush in Je Ne Sais Quoi and Vitality Cheek Flush in Magical in Mauve.
Your Lips But Better Waterproof Lip Liner in Perfect Red was the fairytale shade to finish off our Snow White pout!”
For actress Michelle Dockery, NARS worked with celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin to create the makeup look at the 2017 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
The inspiration?: “Michelle wanted to make a statement with color. With that direction, I focused on the incredible Ellie Saab dress she was wearing for inspiration – it is so colorful and electric. I wanted her makeup to feel sophisticated and elegant with an emphasis on her natural features, she has great brows and cheekbones so the only pop of color is on the lips.”
On the beautiful Emma Stone, NARS worked again with celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin to create the makeup look for Emma.
The inspiration?: “Emma’s Alexander McQueen dress features hand embroidered water lilies that reminded me of paintings by Monet – his work always inspires me. Her makeup look has a painterly feel and watercolor effect where you can see the colors and textures working together.”
Taylor Schilling worked with makeup artist Mai Quynh to acheive her makeup look at the SAG Awards.
“To achieve Taylor’s look, I first prepped her body by applying Vita Liberata Moisture Boost Body Moisturizer. I then used a tanning mitt to gently apply a light layer of Vita’s pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Mousse in Fair to give her skin a fresh glow. To complete her flawless skin finish, I warmed up her skin tone by applying Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish.”
Sofia Vergara also had a glamorous bronze glow created by Alexandra DiMarchi, Vita Liberata VIP Tanning Ambassador.
“For Sofia’s red carpet glow, I used Vita Liberata Moisture Locking Professional Spray Tan Solution to achieve a gorgeous skin finishing.”
To achieve Sofia’s bronzed look at home, apply the Vita Liberata pHenomenal mousse in medium over clean, exfoliated skin for an even application with a tanning mitt. Aftewards, apply Body Blur HD Instant Skin Finish to the body only to intensify the bronze appearances. For the final touch, use Vita Liberata’s bronzing Trystal for added color to the face & contouring.
Makeup artist Kayleen McAdams dished on Instagram about prepping Sofía Vergara using CoverGirl.
Maisie Williams gave us Old Hollywood on the red carpet at the SAG Awards in a pink slip dress. Celebrity makeup artist Kindra Mann chose LORAC Los Angeles to create Maisies’s stunning look.
“I drew inspiration from Maisie’s beautiful floor length pink dress. We knew we wanted to have a romantic glamorous look with a very simple eye and let the bold deep berry lip be the focal point”.
Lips: LORAC PRO Liquid Lipstick, Black Cherry ($19); LORAC Alter Ego Lip Liner, Dominatrix ($17)
For Kaley Cuoco, makeup was created by Jamie Greenberg for Kiehl’s and St. Tropez
The inspiration?: “Today it was all about the skin. The look is glowy, pink, ethereal. Her dress is Marchesa, and it’s super theatrical and pastel, so for her makeup, we wanted to stay in the same vein, all glowy and light. I used barely any color, so the skin was the winner today. It was really important that her skin was perfect today, more than anything else.”
“First we started with Kiehl’s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Masque to refresh and hydrate her skin. We let it sit for 5 minutes while we hung out and talked about the look. Then I went in with the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado which is really think and penetrates so well. I like a thick eye cream. Then I applied Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream all over her face, and prepped her lips with Kiehl’s Butterstick Lip Treatment SPF 25. I used the SPF version today because of the red carpet—I want to protect everything. I finished with Kiehl’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector. It’s the perfect base for makeup, and makes the makeup look even and gorgeous.”
“First, I buffed Suqqu Foundation all over the skin, and then I buffed on Bobbi Brown Cheek Glow highlighter in Pink Opal, on her cheekbones. After that, I dabbed a little bit of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Homecoming Pink on the apples of her cheeks. Then I dusted Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder all over her face and used St. Tropez 3-in-1 Sculpting Powder to contour and give her a little bit of warmth. I finished with a little bit of NARS Blush in Power Play on her cheeks. Again, to keep everything soft and glowy, I used MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Medium Rare.”
“I finished her look after she put her dress on. I applied St. Tropez One Night Only Finishing Gloss all over her arms and any exposed skin, and then warmed up a little in my hands, and pressed it onto her face, as a finishing touch, to give her a little more dewiness.”
For Taraji P Henson, celebrity makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff perfected the Empire star’s flawless face.
Mara Roszak, L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Hairstylist created the look for Brie Larson.
The inspiration?:“Brie wore a super sleek, white gown. I decided to do her hair up to show off the beautiful silhouette and simplicity of the dress. I wanted the updo to be have a cool and textured feel to keep it more modern looking.”
Get The Look:
- To start, Mara prepped Brie’s damp hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Inject Volume Mousse($4.99) and worked into the hair.
- Mara then rough dried the hair with a ghd air hairdryer($199) and when still partly damp, added a few small braids around the front of the face to help build texture. She then finished rough drying the hair until fully dry.
- Mara then took out the braids and used the ghd curve classic curl iron($199) and waved random sections of the hair. She then added L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT High Lift Creation Spray ($4.99) to rough dried it into the hair to give the hair texture and the waves a slightly undone feel.
- She then pulled the hair back into a mid-height ponytail. She wrapped the hair into a knot shape and pinned in place with bobby pins.
- To finish the look, Mara sprayed L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray($14.99) throughout the hair. She then used her fingertips to loosely pull out a few pieces of hair around the face.
Kirsten Dunst’s amazing hairstyle at the SAG Awards, was created by Renato Campora for Dove Hair.
“The inspiration for tonight’s look was an effortlessly chic, Parisian-inspired soft wave. To achieve and set the foundation of Kirsten’s look, it all started with the haircut I gave her today which featured a lot of layers for added movement and volume.”
- I started by parting her hair down the center while wet and applying Dove Curls Defining Mousse from root to ends.
- Then, I rough dried her hair using my hands and a blow dryer to begin adding shape to the hair while bringing out her natural texture.
- Once her hair was cool, I sprayed Dove Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo throughout her hair to create added texture and volume for the waves.
- I then separated her hair into medium-sized sections and wrapped them around a 1.5” inch curling iron to create waves for a piecey, soft undone look.
- Just before walking out, I spritzed her with Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray for a long lasting hold.
And we were loving Tracee Ellis Ross’s ponytail!
Get The Look:
- Start of by washing hair using GLISS™ Ultra Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Next, blow dry the hair out prepping with got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balmfor a smooth finish.
- Add some Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Edge Smoothing Pomadeto hair and use Mason Pearson brush to gather hair into the palms of your hands.
- Position ponytail right at the crown of the head securing with a hook rubber band. Add in extensions and create an elaborate fish tail braid for a sassy bohemian feel.
- Use Smooth ‘N Shine Polishing Instant Repair Hair Polisherto get rid of flyaways and finish off with got2b Glam Force Hairsprayfor a firm hold to complete the look!
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Which look did you love from the SAG Awards?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer