TRESemmé was creating quite a rough-and-tumble hair look for the Tracy Reese Spring/Summer ’13 Collection show, styling some pretty tousled hair. Hairstylist Jeanie Syfu created a look that was edgy, full of attitude and texture. The ‘hair’-spiration being Rihanna’s 80’s-inspired do, with its textured undercut that embodies an effortless bedhead look! Read on to get the step-by-step instructions to recreate this tousled bedhead style with a faux undercut effect at home using TRESemmé products:
1. Enhance your natural texture with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion and power dry with fingers for a loose wavy finish. Once dry, lightly brush through hair with a paddle brush to soften the product.
2. Next, create a deep side part continuing diagonally back to the nape of the opposite side. Clip hair to section away.
3. Using TRESemmé Mega Firm Control Gel, create a tight cornrow braid with the lower section of the hair starting behind the ear, working diagonally to the nape, and fasten with an elastic.
4. Release the top section of hair and spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo throughout for matte texture.
5. Apply TRESemmé Mega Firm Control Gel with fingers through the front hairline, leaving the rest of the hair matte, soft and loose. Set hair with pin curl clips around the hairline and diffuse with a blow dryer on high heat for height and body.
6. Spray with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and release clips when gel has dried. Toss hair over one shoulder for an 80’s-inspired textured undercut.
• Mason Pearson brush
• Hair clips,
• Small elastic
• Rat-tail and wide toothed combs
• Blow dryer
• 1″ and 1 1/4″ barrel curling irons
• Flat iron
• TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion
• TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
• TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo
• TRESemmé Mega Firm Control Gel
So, what do you lovely ladies think of this faux undercut hair look by TRESemmé? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.