Kérastase Paris, the worldwide leader in professional luxury haircare is thrilled to announce the brand’s latest launch coming to market this year. Kérastase Hair Coach Powered by Withings — the world’s first-ever smart hairbrush. At the forefront of innovation, the brush is a recipient of this year’s International CES Innovation Award.
In collaboration with L’Oréal’s Research and Innovation Technology Incubator, the brush features Withings’ advanced sensors and seamless product design along with L’Oréal’s patent-pending signal analysis algorithms work to score the quality of hair and monitor the effects of different hair care routines.
The brush utilizes multiple sensors to provide information on the quality of hair and brushing patterns:
- A microphone that listens to the sound of hair brushing to identify patterns, providing insights into manageability, frizziness, dryness, split ends and breakage.
- 3-axis load cells that measure the force applied to the hair and the scalp when brushing.
- An accelerometer and a gyroscope which help further analyze brushing patterns and count brush strokes, with haptic feedback signaling if brushing is too vigorous.
- Conductivity sensors to determine if the brush is being used on dry or wet hair in order to provide an accurate hair measurement. The brush itself is splash proof.
The sensors feed data automatically to a dedicated mobile app, which then takes into account weather factors like humidity, temperature, UV and wind, which also impact hair’s manageability and quality. The brush in turn provides a hair quality score, data on the effectiveness of brushing habits, personalized tips and Kérastase product recommendations.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Are you excited to try this smart innovative hairbrush by Kérastase Paris?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Editor in Chief
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.