As awards season continues in full swing, we are obsessing over our favorite celeb looks on the red carpet. See below for some of our favorites from last night’s Grammy Awards and step by step guides to get the looks at home.
Lea Michele‘s appearance on the red carpet of the Grammy’s was nothing short of spectacular, thanks to hairstylist, John D. for TRESemmé. TRESemmé has everything you need to easily recreate this fresh and chic sleek ‘do, including our current obsession, the TRESemmé Repair & Protect 7 Collection Pre-Styling Spray!
“Lea and I wanted to keep the look feeling fresh and forward. So, we opted for a chic and sleek hair with a deep side parting, leaning on the TRESemmé TRES TWO Extra Hold Mousse to accomplish this style. We actually went for it and chopped about 6 inches from the ends, providing the look with a very dramatic and graphic effect at the ends”. -John D. for TRESemmé
Clyde Haygood styled Demi Lovato for the 2017 Grammys.
Clyde was inspired by Demi’s sexy crocheted Julien McDonald gown to create long, loose mermaid waves
Get The Look:
- To start, apply a golf ball sized amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam section to section, from root to tip, throughout wet hair
- For longer hair like Demi’s, apply product liberally to ensure hair is completely saturated with the foam
- Allow hair to air dry–in this case, during the duration of makeup application–gently scrunching pieces during the drying process
- Once dry, take a 3/4 inch curling iron and bend strategic pieces throughout the hair, enhancing and defining the waves but pulling them loose as they cool for an elongated finish
- To add sheen and the appearance of a “wet” finish, pump two palm-fulls of John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Six Effects + Serum and work it through hair, leaving hair with a beautiful shiny finish to glisten under the lights on the red carpet and the stage
Want the details on Taraji P. Henson’s chic and natural hairstyle? The look was created by celebrity hairstylst Tymothe Wallace for Dove Hair.
Taraji’s hair tonight is chic and natural. Her lavender dress is playful and a bit futuristic, so I wanted to acknowledge that with her hairstyle and used bobby pins – something in every woman’s haircare arsenal – and a fresh undercut to create something unique but still achievable for women at home. –Tymothe Wallace for Dove Hair
- To create Taraji’s look, I started by shampooing her hair with Dove DermaCare Scalp Dryness & Itch Relief Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.99).
- Once hair was cleansed, I pumped a dime-size amount of Dove Absolute Curls Supreme Crème Serum ($5.99) into my hands and emulsified by rubbing them together before evenly distributing it throughout her hair from root to tip.
- I then blew her hair out in sections, and flat ironed it to ensure it was super smooth and straight.
- After the hair was completely straight, I cleaned up her undercut a bit, parted her hair down the middle, then applied more of the Dove Absolute Curls Supreme Crème Serum ($5.99) from root to tip to help slick the hair down and boost shine.
- Once her hair was smooth and straight, I added an excessive amount black bobby pins to secure her hair on either side, stacking them and crossing them over one another to from a unique and playful design.
- Finally, I sprayed her entire head with Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray (3.99) to complete the look and ensure her style stayed all night long.
Beyonce was the star of the show at last night’s Grammy Awards using products by L’Oreal!
- To prep your skin, before makeup application use Hydra Genius Moisturizer ($17.99) and apply all over.
- Next, to create a golden complexion use Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation ($12.99) mixed with True Match Liquid Lumi Illuminator in Golden ($12.99). To “amplify” the golden look, you can also mix in an eyeshadow pigment like Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow in Eternal Sunshine ($7.99).
- For contour, use the Infallible Total Cover Concealing & Contour Kit ($16.99), utilizing the darker shades to contour and lighter shades to help conceal/highlight. Anchor the contour with the Infallible Pro-Contour Palette ($12.99). For blending, use the Infallible Blend Artist in Concealer Blender and Contour Blender ($7.99 each).
- Then take True Match Liquid Lumi Illuminator in Golden ($12.99) and apply directly to the high planes of the cheekbones. Also, mix the illuminator with body lotion and apply all over the body – legs, arms, chest and so forth to give the entire body a gorgeous glow.
- Press Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow in Eternal Sunshine ($7.99) on top of the highlighter on the cheekbones to create a golden luminescence.
- For the eyes, first utilize the brown matte shades in Colour Riche La Palette Nude ($19.99). Create a sculpted smokey eye look by placing the deeper brown shades in the crease of the eye and lighter nude shades on the lid. Then place Infallible Paints Eyeshadow in Nude Fishnet ($8.99) on the middle of the eyelid and “blend away” the smokey look to create soft, warm halo-like silhouette.
- Line the eyes with Infallible Matte Matic Liner in Deep Brown ($8.99), staying very close to the lash line.
- For lashes, use Voluminous Original Mascara in Black Brown ($7.29) and apply generously.
- Fill in brows with Brow Stylist Frame + Set ($12.99) as needed.
- For lips, take Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Cork or Desert Suede and apply all over the lip. Then, take Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Chocolate Wasted and apply to the corners/sides of the lip. This will help to create a contoured, voluminous lip look.
Kiehl’s was honored to partner with Colby Smith on his look for Charli XCX.
photo credit: Steve Granitz / WireImage
- Kiehl’s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Masque
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate
- Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream
- Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1
“Skin was the focus, so I started by hydrating and plumping her skin. A quick, 5-minute, Kiehl’s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Masque was the first step. I then pressed a few drops of Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate into her skin, and followed it with Kiehl’s Pure Vitality Skin Renewing Cream to fully hydrate her skin. I readied her eyes for makeup with Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, and then curled her lashes. Finally, I applied Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 so her lips could drink up the moisture while I did her makeup.”
Paris Jackson at the 2017 Grammy Awards was the epitome of cool girl glam!
Rimmel London Make-up Artist Jo Baker wanted to create a careful balance between Paris Jackson’s outfit and makeup. Paris wore a dazzling disco inspired Balmain jumpsuit in an array of pastel hues, with thigh high slits up each leg and a plunging neckline – so Jo opted to keep her makeup smooth and natural with subtle details.
Get the Look:
Jo wanted Paris’ skin to look flawless and healthy. After dotting Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer around her eyes, nose and mouth, Jo then applied a sheer coat of Rimmel London InstaFlawless Skin Tint to add a natural looking glow with smooth creamy finish. The result is a balanced, soft and radiant glow. InstaFlawless Skin Tint is perfect for this kind of event – it acts as a primer, smoothing the texture of the skin so that it sits pretty while also providing a much needed SPF15 for that mid-day LA heat!
Jo loves Paris’ intense ice-blue eyes. So without hesitation, they opted for a natural and clean eyelid and concentrated on Paris’ lashes. She applied a generous amount of Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara for a long lasting mega volume effect. This mascara and applicator brush gives lashes a curl by pushing them up with each stroke.
Jo combed through her brows and added several strokes of Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown to fill in any gaps and give her strong, yet natural brows with a sharp angular look. Using the nifty brow comb, Jo repeated the process until her brows were the desired shape and fullness. The key to Paris’ brows are the razor tight line creating the arch, so Jo used her concealer brush with the leftover concealer on it to refine and define the edges to make sure it looked clean and dramatic.
To finish off the look, Jo lined her lips using Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Innocent which is a soft nude beige tone which even has a soft sheen to it. She kept it simple with her new favorite Rimmel London The Only 1 Matte in Trendsetter which is the perfect blend of warm and cool tones. For that perfect graceless nude that glides on creamy and feels super comfortable on the lip as well.
Adele swapped out her favored red lipstick for a creamy nude, but kept her signature winged liner. In fact, she made it longer and sharper than usual.
J.Lo‘s lavender shadow looked amazing paired with fluttery lashes and a sleek blowout.
Beyoncé wore OPI Nail Lacquer in Glitzerland at the Grammys. Her manicurist, Lisa Logan, used it with OPI Natural Nail Base Coat and OPI Brilliant High-Shine Top Coat.
Get The Look:
- One coat of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat ($10, Ulta.com)
- Two coats OPI Nail Lacquer in Glitzerland ($14, Amazon)
- One coat OPI Brilliant High-Shine Top Coat ($13.95, Ulta.com)
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Which Grammy look was your favorite of the night?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Editor in Chief
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.