Holidays are always a great excuse to get creative with your nails, and this 4th of July nails are taking center stage! Red, white and blue polish can be used in variety of ways to create a fun look, but, with a little extra glitz and glamour, you can take your Independence Day-inspired manicure to the next level!
MARS the Salon, Los Angeles’ chicest nail salon known for creating unique and custom nail art, shares a standout design by salon owner Hiroko Fujikawa using color-blocking, nail jewelry and a touch of glitter for nails that proudly show off the holiday spirit!
Check out the 3 most popular Japanese nail art designs: Natural Clear Base, Tarashikomi Water Paint Design, Business French Manicure —> HERE!
Nicole by OPI got patriotic with the help of nail art artist Sophie Harris-Greenslade, of The Illustrated Nail nail art blog, who used some of the brand’s most appropriate colors. Read on to learn how to get each nail look. So, which one will you be sporting this 4th of July?
Hiroko creates this look using red and blue polish with flecks of glitter, gold rhinestones and an American flag with mini stripes and stars. MARS the Salon 4th of July Nail Art Steps:
1. File nails into desired shape and apply base coat
2. Apply two coats of red polish to thumb
3. Apply two coats of blue polish to index and pinky fingers (for added sparkle, use a polish that has a hint of glitter)
4. Apply two coats of white polish to middle finger
5. Using nail glue, carefully apply silver rhinestones to ring finger
6. American Flag (middle finger): Using a precision art brush, dip into blue polish and draw a small box at the right base corner of nail (fill in completely). Using nail polish remover, clean brush and dip into silver polish to draw small stars inside of box. Clean brush again and then dip into red polish to create small horizontal stripes.
7. Apply top coat to all nails to seal and add shine!
Nicole by OPI is making a splash this summer with some Independence Day-inspired nail art! Shades used:
What’s The Mitch-uation
What’s the most popular nail polish color this summer? YELLOW! Find out which are the 9 Best Yellow Nail Lacquers —> HERE!
Are any of you lovely ladies painting your nails in red, white or blue? Will you be trying any of these nail art designs?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.