For many, the holiday season is a time of joy as we enjoy bountiful feasts with our families. However, the holiday break can be a time of stress for children who rely upon school meals for their primary source of nutrition.
From these products, 100% of the net profits, up to $100,000, will be donated to Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign to support efforts to end childhood hunger in America.
The limited-edition jars are each topped with a label that was designed by 11-year-old Sofie Shore, the daughter of Share Our Strength co-founder, Debbie Shore.
This ultra-creamy, yet luxuriously whipped formula is quickly absorbed to help skin retain its natural moisture balance by preventing moisture loss. Ideal as an everyday body cream – especially after showering – the ultra-light formula contains a healthy dose of beta carotene and vitamin E, known for their antioxidant benefits that help to protect the skin against damaging free radicals.
Kiehl’s signature ingredient, squalane, is a highly refined moisturizing oil derived from the olive that is extremely compatible with skin’s own natural lipids.
· $100,000 of net proceeds from US sales will go to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign
· With the support of partners like Kiehl’s, the No Kid Hungry campaign is ending childhood hunger in the US by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.
· In addition to the product, Kiehl’s shoppers can donate to Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign in stores at register or online at check-out – WITHOUT making a purchase
And, a few horrible numbers, showing the true breadth of children currently living in hunger, in America:
· 16 million – the number of kids in America living in households without consistent access to adequate food – that’s 1 out of 5 kids.
· 22% of kids under the age of 18 live in poverty in America
Through Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, just $1.00 can help connect a kid to up to 10 nutritious meals.
For more information, go to www.nokidhungry.org.
Which scent will you pick to help support a loyal and life-changing cause?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.