I had the pleasure of attending the 2011 CEW Achiever Awards that took place at the Waldorf Astoria on October 14th.
These awards celebrate the achievement of women in the beauty and cosmetics industry. Every year, the honorees are selected by their peers who pick just a hand full of execs who have made significant achievements.
This years recipients are a great mix of of women who all have different “backstories” and paths to the top of their field.
The honorees include:
– Gina Boswell, Executive Vice President, Unilever Personal Care NA
– Lisa Hawkins, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Education & Events, North America Dior Beauty
– Leslie Marino, General Manager, Kerastase & Shu Uemura Art of Hair, L’Oreal USA
– Barbara Zinn Moore, Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, Cosmetics & Home, Lord & Taylor
– Ouidad, Founder, Ouidad
One honoree particularly resonated with me because of her unique vision and creativity. That would be none other than Ouidad who received The Great Idea Award. She recognized that 70% of women have “textured” hair (with some degree of curl or weave pattern) and saw that that there were no hair care lines or treatments available to really care and maintain this hair type (given her natural corkscrew hair, this was truly personal as well). With her eponymous hair care line and salon that opened 27 years ago, Ouidad is committed to addressing the unique needs of women with curly hair. In her acceptance speech, she told the audience that “women should embrace their curls”. Ouidad is a true pioneer and the undisputed “Queen of Curl”.
We congratulate Ouidad, Leslie, Barbara, Gina, and Lisa. The world is a more beautiful place because of what you ladies accomplished.
– Ron Robinson, founder of BeautyStat
For giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.