Olivia Wilde is a girl about town. And this new mom has been running all over New York City. After stopping by The Late Show with David Letterman, Olivia then jetted to the premiere of her new movie, Third Person, where her smooth waves stood up to NYC’s soaring temperatures and humidity. Celebrity Stylist Rebekah Forecast revived Olivia’s blow-out and worked with her natural texture to create soft waves that perfectly framed her face.
“It’s sticky and humid out, so I didn’t want her hair to look or feel too heavy or weighed down,” said Forecast. “I wanted to give her a style that enhanced her natural wave and looked smooth and effortless.”
Whether you’re reviving a blow-out or working with your natural wave after air-drying your hair, here are Rebekah’s tips to get chic loose waves at home:
1. Part dry hair down the center and mist with the Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist to get hair damp while also adding in a bit of moisture.
2. Work 1-2 pumps of Herbal Essences The Sleeker the Butter Smooth & Creamy Hair Milk through the ends to lock out humidity and leave hair smooth and nourished.
3. Blow-dry hair on low heat, working your hands through your hair as you dry it to help enhance your natural wave.
4. Spray the Herbal Essences Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray before using the curling iron to help seal in the wave.
5. Take two inch sections of the hair and wrap the mid-shafts around the barrel of a 1.5” curling iron. If you have two different size curling irons, you can alternate between them to create more depth.
6. After curling each section, work 3-4 pumps of the Herbal Essences Moroccan Me a Miracle 7-in-1 Serum through the ends of the hair to add shine while smoothing frizz and protecting against humidity.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
How will you beauties be beating the humidity this summer? Will you try out Olivia Wilde’s hair look?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.