Award season is already in full force! It’s only the third week in January of 2014 and already we’ve covered the hottest makeup trends and hairstyle trends of the People’s Choice Awards and the Golden Globe Awards.
Last night, we tuned into the Screen Actors Guild Awards (#SAGAwards), and the makeup and hairstyle looks certainly did not disappoint. Below is a quick round-up of our favorite looks:
(Photo Courtesy of eonline.com)
Inspired by a modern, “French” Bianca Jagger, makeup artist Jordan Long gave Michelle a bold, red lip for the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards. Keeping her skintone natural, Long created a flawless complexion using Lancôme’s New Visionnnaire [1 Minute Blur] Smoothing Skincare Instant Perfector. To make the bold, red lip really pop, Long applied a liner to color the entire lip and then layered with an apple red lip color.
New Lancôme Visionnaire [1 Minute Blur] Smoothing Skincare Instant Perfector
Lancôme Translucence Pressed Powder
Lancôme Artliner 24H in Gold
New Lancôme Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Dancing Rose
Lancôme Le Crayon Lip Contour in Garnet
Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Red Addiction
Cate Blanchett and Kerry Washington
(Photo Courtesy of eonline.com)
Robert and Cate went for a soft, ’60s-inspired updo to complement Cate’s light pink Givenchy gown that had a beautiful and soft Grecian feel. Inspired by Brigitte Bardot and Kate Moss, Robert wanted to create a wispy updo that showed off the dress’s feminine silhouette and sequin-trimmed details.
Here’s how Robert created Cate’s look:
1. First prep wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for touchable volume and hold.
2. Create a side part and then blow-dry hair with a small boar bristle round brush. Start by blow-drying hair in the front and create soft bangs. Once you have created the desired shape, clip the bangs in place while they cool. Then blow-dry the rest of the hair.
3. Once hair is dry, spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair from heat before curling it. Using a 1-inch curling iron, take the hair and curl approximately 8 sections. “You don’t need to separate each section perfectly,” says Robert “but instead you can take random sections since you’re curling hair to create texture and bend.” Once the hair has cooled, brush out the curls to soften the look.
4. Spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Dry Shampoo in Intense Blondes all throughout the hair. “Some people just apply hairspray to their roots, but I applied the Dry Shampoo all throughout the hair, similar to how you use hairspray, to create additional texture and volume.” After the dry shampoo, back-comb hair a bit at the roots with a teasing comb.
5. Pull hair back into a loose, low ponytail, using your fingers to create the desired shape. Twist the rest of the ponytail into a deconstructed bun and pin the look in place.
6. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock your look in place. Then spray hairspray onto your fingertips and nails, and using your fingers, apply the hairspray to the perimeter of the hair to tame flyaways and shape any loose pieces.
Celebrity Hairstylist Peter Butler gave Danes relaxed body and texture for the red carpet of the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards. “We went with a straighter look for Claire, easy Hollywood,” said Butler.
· First, I blew out her hair using the John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse to give her hair a little grip.
· Next, I used a large barrel curling iron and added a few random waves for texture. I sprayed each section with the John Frieda All-Day Hold Hairspray and then brushed it all out to create some gorgeous red carpet movement.
· To keep the look sleek and frizz-free, I finished by smoothing John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Créme through her hair by rubbing it in my hands and gently combing it through with my fingers.
· First, Maulawizada prepped Danes’ skin with Laura Mercier Mega Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 in Normal/Combination Skin, Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum and Laura Mercier Repair Eye Cream. Then, he massaged Danes’ face using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer to relax the skin and create an even canvas (the massage is her favorite part of the process!).
· Next he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Sunny Beige all over her skin, slightly contouring her face. After that, he blended Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Warm Ivory into Danes’ skin, highlighting its natural radiance.
· Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud and a touch of Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise to the apples of her cheeks. He used a touch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight – 01 onto her cheek bones.
· Lastly, he lightly dusted Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder in Universal to set her makeup, ensuring she looked flawless throughout the evening.
· Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Cobalt to Danes’ lash line.
Creating a bold eye look, he applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Smoke followed by Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Mystical and Laura Mercier Satin Matte Eye Colour in Dark Spirit all over her eyelids.
· To accentuate her eyes, he dusted a thin layer of loose, blue glitter to Danes‘ eyelids. For a similar product, Maulawizada recommended using Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Lapis. Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Bleu to accentuate Danes‘ lashes.
· Adding the final touch of glamour, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Pink Pearl to Danes’ lips.
(Photo Courtesy of redcarpetfashionawards.com)
To compliment Julia’s stunning raspberry Valentino jumpsuit, makeup artist Genevieve Herr gave the Lancôme Ambassadress a soft, smoky eye with a pale, nude lip. Herr defined Julia’s eyes with plum and violet shades, and gave the cheeks a subtle glow to compliment the chic jumpsuit.
Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Rouge Allure
Lancôme Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Amethyst Glam
Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in Clock Strikes 12
Lancôme Liner Design Long Wear Calligraphy Gel EyeLiner in Purple Jewels
Lancôme Définicils High Definition Mascara in Black
Lancôme L’Absolu Nu Replenishing & Enhancing Lipstick in Beige Tulle
NAIL NOTE: Manicurist Lisa Jachno applied Lancôme Vernis in Love in Flacon Blanc on her nails and toes.
Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong’o
To get Jennifer Lawrence‘s look, try:
Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Radiant Foundation in Light Beige (#020)
Diorblush Glowing Color Powder Blush in Amber Show (#556)
Diorshow Mono Eyeshadow in Khôl (#096)
Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Grège (#734)
Dior Crayon Khôl in Black (#099)
Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Over Black #090
Rouge Dior Contour LipLiner Pencil in Bois de Rose (#463)
Rouge Dior Lipstick in Swan (#263)
Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Gloss
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
So, what were your favorite beauty and hair looks from the night?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.