Music festivals are the perfect place to express individual style. And the indie rock and roll event of the season, Coachella, starts today! So let your curls loose, keep those waves edgy and minds open to new and exciting styles.
Achieving bohemian-chic hair — a festival staple — that stays put and withstands the heat is a cinch with Ouidad. Whether opting for loose waves or a messy top bun, several festival must-haves help tame frizz, create texture and add luminosity, no matter what the unpredictable elements may bring.
Photo Courtesy of Getty
Ideal for curly or straight hair with slight texture, Ouidad Wave Create™ Sea Spray contains seawater and mineral-rich sea salt crystals to create tousled texture and windswept waves.
· Spray liberally throughout damp hair and scrunch in an upward motion.
· Let hair dry naturally or blow-dry with a diffuser.
Photo Courtesy of XposurePhotos
The ultimate frizz preventer, Ouidad Climate Control™ Heat & Humidity Gel contains a wheat protein complex to protect the hair shaft and prevent hair from expanding.
· Divide damp hair into 4-6 sections; apply a nickel-size amount to separated sections.
· Let hair dry naturally for a messy, untamed look.
Protect curls from the elements and create long-lasting shine with Ouidad Climate Control™ Frizz & Flyaway Fighter, which is safe for chemically-treated hair.
· Mist onto dry, styled hair to smooth flyaways with fingertips, or use as a pre-styler on damp hair to stop flyways before they start.
· Ideal for touch-ups throughout the day and on-the-go.
We’re also taking cues from Australian Fashion Week, with a unique ancient Eastern European statuesque look that complemented the Serpent & The Swan show. Inspired by a recent trip to Bulgaria, the Serpent & The Swan Collection infuses a mixed metal color palette with the ancient rituals and symbols of Eastern Europe.
Emulating ancient Eastern European statues and textures, O&M’s Creative Director Janelle Chaplin created a helmet-like shape teamed with hard partings to complement the collection.
1. Blow-dry with a flat brush, smoothing hair.
2. Prep dry hair with a light spray of O&M Know Knott Conditioning Detangler.
3. With a fine-tooth comb, section hair into specific straight-line partings on the curve to create an unusual geometric shape.
4. Apply generous amounts of O&M Style Guru Styling Cream, compacting each section down tight to the head shape.
5. Finish with a heavy painting of O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are any of you beauties heading to Coachella this year? Wish you were? Which music festival hairstyles will you be rocking?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.