Halloween is upon us and that means girls across the country will be unleashing their inner angels, rebels, princesses and pop stars. Herbal Essences encourages girls to explore their many different sides every day, but Halloween is the ultimate time to “Be Everyone You Are.”
Herbal Essences knows that your hair an expression of your identity at any given moment, so we’re sharing how to get the looks from the girls in the Be Everyone You Are campaign. Read on to find out how re-create these hairstyles step-by-step from Herbal Essences‘ Celebrity Stylist Charles Baker Strahan.
This look is best for hair that is naturally straighter to wavy.
2. Then, mist hair with the Herbal Essences Set Me Up Heat Protection Spray and create a deep side part.
3. Create a section following the side part that starts from the front of the head to the nape of the neck.
4. Then, section into smaller sections to begin blow-drying, clipping each section up and out of the way, starting to work from the nape of the neck upwards. (When blow-drying, you want to remove most of the moisture by blow-drying from above and lightly pull the section down with your hands (for thicker hair, you can use a paddle brush.)
5. Get each section almost completely dry before dropping another section down, working up to save the top for last — this section will dry the quickest and allow you to save your arm strength!
6. Then, take a large barrel curling iron and curl hair in 1-inch sections starting about 3-inches away from the scalp, curling the hair in towards the face. (When you drop the curl, let it rest without touching it to allow it to cool in a natural position.)
7. Once you have curled both sides of the head, lightly mist the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer over the hair and use a paddle brush to lightly brush straight down to create a smooth wave.
8. Tuck back the section behind your ear (you can even use a bobby pin to hold it in place).
This look is best for hair that is wavy or slightly curly.
2. Use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the product evenly from root to tip.
3. Create a side part and comb the hair smooth on either side of the part and pin the hair down approximately 1-inch from the part to keep it defined.
4. Then, dry the hair with a diffuser from above, moving it as little as possible to prevent frizz.
5. Remove the hair pins and brush through the hair with a paddle brush to smooth the waves/curls.
6. Mist the hair with Herbal Essences Set Me Up Heat Protection spray and set the hair with large hot rollers by smoothing each section towards the face and then rolling it back to set, allowing the hair to cool on the rollers.
7. Once the rollers have cooled, drop them out and mist Herbal Essences Body Envy Hairspray, brushing out the curls away from the face with a paddle brush for a beautiful, ’70s-inspired style.
1. Start by misting the NEW! Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist on damp hair.
2. Then, flip your head upside down and blow hair dry with a paddle brush, pulling the hair from the nape towards the face until hair is almost 90% dry.
3. Then, take a medium-sized round brush and blow-dry hair in the opposite direction of the final flow, smoothing the hair to the ends.
4. Once that section is dry, wrap the hair around the brush as if it were a roller, allowing the hair to cool before releasing the brush and repeating around the head.
Vintage-Inspired Voluminous Updo
A vintage-inspired updo great on second-day hair.
1. Mist Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo on hair and brush through to give hair a boost of texture.
2. Take half-inch sections around the hairline and clip them out of the way.
3. Mist the interior section with Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer, focusing on the roots.
4. Back-comb half-inch wide sections, moving in a circular motion starting approximately 4-5 inches away from the scalp (the section closest to the crown will get the most back-combing to create the most volume).
5. Mist Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray on a soft bristle brush, smoothing over the top of the hair that was just back-combed.
6. Twist the hair into a bun at the nape of the neck and secure with bobby pins.
7. Then, take the hair from the section you created around the crown and back-comb small sections to create volume around the face, smoothing each into the bun to create the finished look.
8. Mist with Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray to finish.
1. Smooth NEW! Herbal Essences Moroccan Me a Miracle 7-in-1 Serum through wet hair, concentrating on the ends, to help fight frizz and provide a glossy shine.
2. Then, either let hair air-dry or blow-out smooth before using a flat iron to smooth each section straight.
3. Then, create a deep-side part and smooth hair back into a ponytail, using a hair tie or clear elastic to secure.
4. To smooth any bumps or lumps, spray the side of a tail comb with a mist of Herbal Essences Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray and smooth the bump in towards the ponytail base.
5. Then, take a section from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic, pinning it to the base of the ponytail for a polished finish.
Which hair look will you be rocking this Halloween?
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.