The Naeem Khan Spring/Summer 2017 Collection was inspired by a fresh, modern take on the late 70’s Halston girl. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu worked with the elegant nature of the collection to create a graceful, clean hair look that also aligned with the laid-back, 70’s vibe.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep damp hair with TRESemmé TRES TWO Extra-Firm Control Gel and blow dry hair back away from the face with a large round brush.
- Once hair is 90% dry, blow dry top layer with a round brush, taking large sections and lifting up hair at the root for volume. Rotate the brush to finish ends clean for a polished look.
- Clip hair with large barrel curlers to set, and repeat through the top of the head to the crown.
- Rough dry remaining hair, leaving natural texture through mid lengths, and polish any ends with a large round brush.
- Release barrel curls once cool and brush all hair back, and then create a clean center part with a tail comb. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and apply to roots to tame flyways while leaving lengths natural with movement.
TRESemmé – the official hair care sponsor of fashion week – also collaborated with Oscar De La Renta to present the latest collection. At the show, hair stylist Orlando Pita created a smooth evening blowout.
(photos from fabfashionfix.com)
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with Keratin Smooth Shampoo, followed by the Keratin Smooth Conditioner for a smooth starting base
- Apply Keratin Smooth Crème Serum from root to tip, applying in small sections, and using your fingers to work in the product
- Create a center part and blow dry in small sections with a round bristle brush, working from the nape of the neck up to the forehead – make sure you angle the air from the blow dryer in the opposite direction towards your hair for a smooth finish
- After you finish each section curl the hair around your fingers and pin in place with a bobby pin. Allow all the sections to cool completely before releasing
- Spray a soft bristle brush through your hair to tame any fly-aways. Tuck your hair behind your ears and allow the hair to fall behind your shoulders
This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on smooth, shiny hair at Victoria Beckham’s SS 2017 Show.
“We’re doing super straight, clean hair here at the Victoria Beckham show using Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer Cream and Satin Wear 02 to add shine and protect the hair from heat damage. As I’m blow-drying, I’m using a boar-bristled brush to smooth out the hair. To finish off the look, I’m using an iron to really give hair that shiny, smooth texture.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK:
- Part your hair in a clean, center part.
- Apply Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer Cream to hair from roots to tips for heat protection and shine.
- Apply a dime-size amount of Satin Wear 02 to your palms and run it over your hair from root to tip, focusing on the back for extra shine and protection.
- Blow-dry hair with a boar-bristled brush.
- Spray a small amount of Fashion Work 12 to palms and run hands over part and the front pieces to help smooth flyaways.
ColorProof Evolved Color Care and Bio Ionic swept the runway with the latest trends in hair at NYFW’s Prabal Gurung SS ‘17 show this evening with celebrity stylist Anthony Turner.
GET THE LOOK:
The Inspiration? The hair complements the Spring/Summer 2017 Collection – Rock n Roll inspired, yet feminine, for the rebellious, strong woman.
- Begin with freshly shampooed hair using ColorProof ClearItUp Detox Shampoo ($34). All ColorProof products are Sulfate-free, Gluten-free, Paraben-free, 100% vegan, and contain certified organic botanicals to provide natural conditioning to balance, nourish and protect!
- Apply ColorProof IronMaster Color and Heat Protecting Setting Spray ($32) to damp hair for all over heat protection
- Prep the hair with ColorProof LiftIt Color Protect Foam Mousse ($26), adding 2-3 pumps to each hair section, starting from the bottom; blow dry with Bio Ionic GoldPro Dryer ($135) infused with 24k gold for even heat conductivity. Use the Bio Ionic GoldPro Medium Round Brush ($18) to create even texture
- Once dry, apply 1-2 pumps of ColorProof RadicallySmooth Anti-Frizz Serum ($28) to rid hair of any flyaways
- Using Bio Ionic GoldPro Paddle Brush ($18), create a messy middle part; fluff the hair forward covering most of the forehead; bend the front pieces on either side of the face and pin back so a bend is created when hair is released
- Pull a few loose pieces forward and use Bio Ionic GoldPro Curling Iron 1” ($90), a conditioning tool used to infuse moisture back into the hair, to create extremely light, deconstructed waves for soft texture around the face and in the back of the head, spray ColorProof HardCore Epic Hold Color Protect Hairspray ($24) all over to secure for a long lasting soft wave
- Apply ColorProof TextureCharge Color Protect Texture + Finishing Spray ($32) to complete the look
For Carmen Marc Valvo’s Spring/Summer 2017 show, “The idea behind Carmen’s collection is innocence, and for me innocence is textured hair. I knew I didn’t want the hair to be curly, but rather almost frizzy. When Carmen said his inspiration was baby doll I immediately thought of the movie ‘What Ever Happened to Baby Jane’ with Bette Davis. In the movie her hair was very textured and I wanted the same idea for this look.”
GET THE LOOK
- Prep hair with Kerastase’s Spray a Porter and blow dry straight.
- Create a deep side part. Then create a figure 8 set by taking 2 inch sections and wrapping the hair on a bobby pin creating a figure 8. Twist at the bottom to secure.
- Heat set by placing a flat iron over each section and holding for 2 minutes. Once cooled, separate curls with fingers to create texture.
- Use L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art’s Or Graphic Modelling gel to define top.
- Accessorize with bow
- Finish with L’Oreal Professionnel’s Elnett holding spray.
Cantu debuted at their very first NYFW show for Tracy Reese’s SS’17 presentation. The show featured a mix of models paired with inspirational and noteworthy, real women such as Bethann Hardison and Sasheer Zamata. Using Cantu products, lead stylist Bok-Hee created an ethereal, whimsical half-up messy bun on models, while utilizing the natural textures of each the real women to embrace their own style!
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting with the natural hair texture, work through a small amount of Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse ($5.99) to define natural wave pattern.
- Take a large section from the sides, top and crown area and loosely pull into messy half bun, using an elastic to secure it in place. Make sure to leave a few wispy pieces falling naturally along the sides of the face back through the nape of the neck.
- Gently tug on hair that is pulled back to add slight imperfections, then loosely pin the bun to head.
- Spritz Cantu Coil Calm Detangler ($4.97) to loosen and define texture of hair that is not in the knot.
- Finish off the look with a few sprigs of baby’s breathe or jeweled barrette
Hair was done by Giovanni Vacarro for Kérastase Paris x Glam Squad at the Cinq à Sept SS17 show.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply Mousse Bouffante to the roots and hit with a blow-dryer using tension from your hands to create added volume and texture
- Next, part hair starkly in the center
- Then, take a hanger and bend it into a large U-shape hair pin. Starting from the back, wrap hair around the U-shape, hitting each ribboned section with a flatiron to create an undone bend, making sure to leave the ends out
- Continue this process throughout hair, wrapping in opposite directions so the curls aren’t uniform
- If pieces are too curly, use a flatiron to tone down the curl
- Follow with Spray-a-Porter to enhance that curly, Boho texture
- Spray Laque Couture all over to hold the style in place
- For frizz and flyaways, use a diffuser on high and dry against the shaft of the hair
- Apply VIP Volume in Powder generously throughout as you break apart curls for texture that’s looser and more undone
All products are available on Kerastase-USA.com
As a nod to individual beauty, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on each models’ individual hair texture at Kanye West’s SS 2017 Show.
“We’ve got 250 models here at the Kanye West show. All are African American, so we’ve got lots of textured hair to play with. We’re really enhancing all the girls’ natural texture and we’re using Redken’s NEW! Curvaceous line for each look, in different capacities. We’ve prepped the hair by shampooing it, then following up by using conditioner and styling products. So really what we’re seeing is embracing this natural curl that many of these girls have. Although it’s such a large group, each with their own unique style, the general theme would be embracing natural texture. When talking about natural texture, whether that be on African Americans or anyone who’s got wild curls, what we’re looking for is a great shape in your hair. The ideal cut will allow you to let those curls really come out and you’ll feel more comfortable in letting your hair dry naturally. I think women sometimes get a little bit uncomfortable because they think it looks messy. But if hair is well shaped, then the style has a good foundation.” – Guido
- Prep hair with Curvaceous Low Foam Moisturizing Cleanser and Conditioner to prep hair. Allow hair to air dry.
Spray Curvaceous CCC Spray generously throughout freshly washed hair to set and invigorate curls.
- Tweak curls with different sized curling irons in sections to enhance natural texture.
- Finally, pump a dime-sized amount of Diamond Oil into hands then scrunch throughout hair to give a natural shine and smooth your ends.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Do you love the curly hair or straight hair looks from NYFW?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.