Happy Saturday! I’ve got a recap of the best hair and makeup looks from Sunday’s Emmy Awards to share with you today!
Deja Smith, makeup artist for It Cosmetics, created this gorgeous smokey look on Laverne Cox. The inspiration for this look came from the classic film The Women.
- Prep the skin with It Cosmetics Secret Sauce and Anti-Aging Armour.
- Apply the Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment generously to the mouth.
- Base the eyelid with the Superhero Eye Foundation from the Superhero Eye Transforming Anti-Aging Super Palette.
- Rim the waterline with the No-Tug Waterproof Anti-Aging Gel Eyeliner in Black.
- Blend Superhero and Superstar eyeshadows to create the perfect metallic shade.
- Create a smokey shape by using the No-Tug Waterproof Anti-Aging Gel Eyeliner to define the inner and outer crease.
- Use the Heavenly Luxe No-Tug Dual Eyeshadow Brush #5 to soften and diffuse the eyeliner before it dries.
- Apply the Superhero Liner and Superhero Mascara.
- Use the Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ and the Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish Airbrush Powder to perfect the skin.
- Sweep Confident in Your Glow across the cheekbones, down the center of the nose, and on the chin.
- Apply the Your Lips But Better All-Day Waterproof Lip Liner Stain in Spicy Nude and Blurred Lines Smooth-Fill Lipstick in Perfect Nude.
Laura Dern rocked beautiful loose curls which were created by Ryan Trygstad for The One by Frederic Fekkai.
- Use Frederic Fekkai One to Believe In Leave-In Conditioner on the mid shaft and ends.
- Partially blow dry hair, then add The Gifted One Multitasker Creme for protection and shine.
- Once dry, spray One To Hold Hairspray before curling.
- Finish the look with One and Then Some Dry Texturizing Spray and One Up Lift Volume Spray to create an undone, rocker texture.
Zoe Kravitz wore YSL Beauty. Her look was created by makeup artist Nina Park.
- Prep the skin with the YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum.
- Prime the skin with the Top Secrets Instant Moisture Glow.
- Use the Touche Eclat Le Tent Foundation to achieve a signature glow.
- Apply the All Hours Concealer to brighten under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Set the face with the Souffle D’Eclat Sheer and Radiant Loose Powder in 02 Natural Finish.
- Fill in the brows with the Dessin Des Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil in #2 Dark Brown.
- Create a cate eye with the Dessin Du Regard Eyeliner in #7 then use the black in the Tuxedo Couture Variation Palette to accentuate the cat eye shape.
- Apply Volume Effect Faux Cils Waterproof Mascara.
- Use Les Sahariennes Bronzing Stones in #3 Jasper to contour and warm up the skin.
- Apply Blush Volupte in 7 Rebelle to the apples of the cheeks.
- Apply the Touch Eclat Highlighter on the tops of the cheeks and bridge of the nose.
- Finish the look with the Rouge Pur Couture in 59 Melon D’Or for a beautiful satin coral lip. After blotting, set the lips with the Poudre Compact Radiance Perfection Universelle.
- Prep hair with water and Oribe Volumista Mist for Volume at the roots and blow dry up and away from the face.
- Attach Rapunzel of Sweden clip-in extensions.
- Apply Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse and direct hair to the crown with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Gather all hair at the crown of the head and secure with a black bungee cord.
- Spray Dry Texturizing Spray on ponytail for texture.
- Apply Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil to ponytail for shine.
- Finish with Superfine Strong Hair Spray for hold.
- Prep the skin with Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate Facial Oil and Ultra Facial Moisturizer.
- Use the Giorgio Armani Maestro UV Skin Defense Primer and Light Master Primer to prime the skin for makeup application.
- Apply the Fluid Sheer #2, #5, #6, and #8.
- Blend Sun Fabric Powder Bronzer #100 around the perimeter of the face for a healthy glow.
- Apply Maestro Liquid Summer #100 and Cheek Fabric Blush #100 to the cheeks.
- Buff Eye Tint #27 (pink) and #28 (gold) all over the lid, then apply #25 & #26 (aqua) close to the lash line.
- Use the Eyes to Kill Proliner in #1 Black to line the lash line and waterline.
- Apply the Eyes to Kill Proliner #2 Blue on the lower lash line for a pop of color.
- Finish the eyes with the Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara.
- Line the lips with the Smooth Silk Lip Pencil #12 before applying Lip Magnet #501 and Ecstasy Shine #101.
This year’s biggest Emmy’s hair trend was slicked back hair. Ariel Winter rocked this look which was created by Charles Dujic, who used Marc Anthony True Professionals products. He described this look as “sleek, straight, and tucked back with texture on top,” as well as “fresh and modern.”
- Prep the hair with the Marc Anthony True Professional Volumizing Beach Waves Texture Cream at the root area.
- Use Strengthening Grow Long Leave In on the lengths and ends of the hair.
- Blow dry the hair by ruffling it dry with your fingers first, then flip your head upside down to dry the root area. Blow dry the back area with a large round brush.
- Add the Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Volume Hairspray to the areas in the back where you will flat iron.
- Spray in some of the Coconut Clear Dry Shampoo at the roots to crank up the volume.
- Once finished, add a bit of the Volume Hairspray to lock it all into place.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus looked classic wearing a look created by Karen Kawahara using La Prairie products.
- Prep the skin with the La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion.
- Apply 2 drops of the Skin Caviar Liquid Lift for an immediate and noticeable lift.
- Use the Skin Caviar Absolute Filler Moisturizer to plump and hydrate, for a youthful appearance.
- Create the perfect base using the Skin Caviar Concealer-Foundation with SPF 15.
- Apply the Brightening Eye Treatment Pen under the eye and on the balls of the cheeks to highlight and defuse light.
- Blush the cheeks with the Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Rose Glow. Layer Peach Glow on top for a luminescent rose gold effect.
- Line the eye with the Luxe Eyeliner Automatic in Brun. Follow with the Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensemble in Les Epices.
- Finish the eyes by applying the Cellular Treatment Mascara Instant Curl in Noir.
- To keep the shine down, dust the Cellular Treatment Translucent Powder in Shade 2 all over the face.
- Complete the look with the Cellular Luxe Lip Liner in Beaujolais followed by the Cellular Luxe Lip Colour in Rose Bronze.
- Prep the skin using the Glossier Priming Moisturizer Buildable Hydrating Cream.
- Highlight, conceal, and even out your skin tone with the Glossier Stretch Concealer.
- Use the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick as your foundation.
- Apply Nars Isadora blush layered with Bobbi Brown Nude Finish Illuminating Powder on the cheeks.
- Use the Westmore Beauty Hollywood Eyecons Eyeshadow Palette for the eyes. Apply Bombshell as a base. Layer the Glamorous shade on the outer edge and work it towards the middle of the eye and the crease. Apply Leading Lady eyeshadow to intensify the eye.
- Finish the eye by applying Elizabeth Arden’s Eye Smokey Eye Pencil in Smokey Black.
- Add a lash strip of Cameo Eylure Mink Effect Lashes and a few coats of the Le Volume de Chanel Mascara #10.
- Use Westmore Beauty’s Lip Glamour in Nude on the lips.
- Wash hair with L’Oreal Paris Hair Expert Smooth Intense Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Spray Advanced Hairstyle Blow Dry It Quick Primer Spray all over before drying with a round brush and the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer to make hair as smooth as possible.
- Apply the Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Frizz Vanisher Cream from roots to ends before curling all sections of hair with the T3 Twirl Convertible Curling Iron to add a wave to the smoothness.
- After the curls cool, smooth hair with the Advanced Hairstyle Lock It Clean Style Gel while gathering hair at the nape of the neck. Secure a low pony with a Bungee hair tie.
- Twist the ends of the pony to make a half bun and secure with bobby pins, leaving out some of the ends to give a modern feel.
- Finish with a spray of Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold to secure the look.
- Prep the skin with the It Cosmetics Secret Sauce Moisturizer then apply Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+.
- Use the Perfect Lighting Radiant Touch Magic Wand in Radiant Neutral to conceal and brighten around the eyes.
- Use the Sunrise shade in the Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette to contour the eye and the Bold shade from the Superhero Eye Transforming Anti-Aging Super Palette for a bold blue on the lower line.
- Line the eye with the No-Tug Waterproof Anti-Aging Gel Eyeliner in Lucky Jade.
- Apply Superhero Mascara to the lashes.
- Place the Bye Bye Pores Blush in Je Ne Sais Quois on the cheeks and contour with the Sunshine in a Compact Matte Bronzer for a subtle contour.
- Use the Your Lips But Better All-Day Waterproof Lip Liner Stain in Pretty in Pink for a soft pink that won’t detract from your smokey eye.
What was your favorite look from the Emmy’s?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Dawn Santamarina, Acting Managing Editor
You can follow Dawn on Instagram @missdawn1012
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.