We’re loving the chic, super shiny chignons and knots Redken Global Creative Director Guido created for Ralph Lauren’s Fall/Winter 2008 runway show and 40th anniversary, which went down in history as one of fashion’s grandest parties.
On this #TBT we’ll show you how to get the look!
1. Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through. While hair is still damp, apply 4 – 5 pumps of Redken’s new glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil from roots to ends
3. Gather hair into a smooth, low ponytail, securing at the base of the head with an elastic
4. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken braid aid 08 braid defining lotion throughout the length of the ponytail
5. Twist the length of the hair into a knot, twist or braided chignon and secure with small hair pins
6. Using fingers, gently apply 2 – 3 more pumps of glow dry style-enhancing blow-dry oil on roots for extra shine
7. Finish with a thorough mist of Redken control addict 28 high control hairspray for extra hold
8. Place desired headpiece, hat or accessory on head and secure with small hair pins if necessary
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
What do you think of this chignon look?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.