Five Easy Up-Do Hairstyles to Keep Cool For Summer 2011
Your best bet to escape the summer heat may be a glamorous up-do. Here are five ways to wear your hair up in style, with step by step tips from the stylists behind Vo5.
Reese Witherspoon’s ‘60s-inspired pony is a fun way to incorporate a retro look into your every-day style.
1. Work in Perfect Hold Styling Mousse into damp hair. Blow dry with a large barrel brush.
2. Using a 1 ½-inch curling iron, create loose waves throughout hair
3. Once hair has cooled, divide hair into two horizontal sections
4. Back-comb hair at the top of the crown, gently smooth the top section back without flattening the volume and secure by criss-crossing bobby-pins
5. ** For a fun date-night look, add a fun hair clip to the side.
Modernize the French twist by adding volume and texture like Julia Roberts.
1. Work in Perfect Hold Styling Mousse into towel-dried hair. Add a diffuser to the blow dryer when drying hair to keep hair’s natural texture
2. With a fine-toothed comb, gently tease the crown to add volume
3. Bring hair to one side, be careful not to flatten the crown, criss-cross bobby pins vertically up the back of the head to create a foundation
4. Bring hair up into mid-height side pony, wrap the hair around thumb and twist it up into a cone shape. Secure with U-shaped pins. Tuck the ends inside the cone
5. Finish with Perfect Hold Styling Hairspray.
Sofia Vergara keeps it simple and fresh with a polished pony.
1. Apply Perfect Hold Styling Mousse into towel-dried hair.
2. Create gentle waves with a 1 ½-inch curling iron
3. Gently tease hair the crown with a fine-toothed comb
4. Leaving a small section of hair at the nape of the neck, secure the rest of the hair in a mid-height pony, be careful not to flatten the volume at the crown
5. Take the remaining hair and wrap the base of the pony, secure with a bobby pin
6. Finish with Perfect Hold Styling Hairspray.
Keep things fun and laid back with a braided look like Jessica Alba.
1. Work in Perfect Hold Styling Mousse dry hair.
2. Section off a 1-inch section from the front of the hair line and create a French braid from one ear to the other, tucking in the ends with a bobby pin
3. Section off another 1-inch section behind the original French braid and create another French braid in the opposite direction, tuck the ends in with a bobby pin
4. Create a bun with the remaining hair and finish with Perfect Hold Styling Hairspray.
Look sophisticated and classy with a side bun like Nicole Kidman.
1. Work in Perfect Hold Styling Mousse dry hair
2. Using a 1-inch curling iron create loose waves
3. Bring hair to one side and create a loose chignon, secure with U-shaped pins **Don’t worry if pieces fall out throughout the night, this keeps is young and touchable.
4. Finish with Perfect Hold Styling Hairspray.
VO5 products are available nationwide at drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers with a suggested retail price of $2.00.
Which one of these hairstyles speaks to you? Which would you rock during the summer?