Forget the costumes: Halloween is the perfect excuse to dress up your hair! The way to stand out from the competition or party is taking a cue from the runway. Pantene Global Stylist Ambassador, Sam McKnight, created this mystically ethereal hair style for Vivienne Westwood’s S/S ’12 Gold Label show in Paris. Now you can be the trend-setter at this year’s Halloween festivities!
Get the “Ethereal Veil” look with step by step tips from Sam McKnight, Global Stylist Ambassador for Pantene Pro-V:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Pantene Pro-V Medium-Thick Hair Solutions Breakage to Strength Shampoo and Conditioner to create the perfect base.
2. Next give your hair a boost by applying the Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Style Triple Action Volume Moussethroughout. Then blow-dry smooth using a flat bristle brush, concentrating on smoothing the length of the hair with the brush for a soft result.
3. Once completely dry, create a full circle parting round the circumference of the hair line (just a couple of inches in) and let the loose hair fall down and create a ‘veil’ around the hair line.
4. Create 2-3 diagonal partings at random, and secure each section of hair in to a ponytail and secure with a snag-free elastic.
5. Next braid each pony tail and secure at the end. Loosen the braid a little by pulling it slightly apart with your fingers.
6. Loop each braid back on itself and secure against the original ponytail – use hair clips to hold in place if needed.
7. Apply Pantene Pro-V Restore Beautiful Lengths Smoothing Balm to the ends to smooth away any frizz.
8. Finish the style with a generous spray of Pantene Classic Care Hairspray to keep the look in place.
Tell us your hairstyle secrets for Halloween. What will you be dressed as?
For giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.