A few nights ago, BeautyStat had the absolute pleasure of joining style expert Robert Verdi at his luxe laboratory for a Fashion Week “Tweet This Party!” As all the bloggers and writers nibbled on sweets, sandwiches and champagne, Robert shared his top fashion week finds and recommendations with us. Ranging from what to wear during fashion week to what in the world to eat, Robert’s tips blew us away.
Here are some of his top tips and tricks:
Look Polished in a Flash
We know you all look gorgeous on your own, but there’s something about Fashion Week that wreaks a little havoc on us, hair and makeup included. So to keep you all looking lovely this Fashion Week, Robert had a few recommendations:
1. Get haute looking hair with Conair’s InfinitiPRO salon-performance dryer;
2. Get a quick and fab manicure with Incoco’s dry nail appliqué, made from 100% real nail polish;
3. Fake a whole night’s sleep with Visine’s Maximum Redness Relief;
Dress the Part
When you’re running around to fashion show after fashion show, you’ve gotta look the part. Robert had a few key recommendations for dressing to impress this Fashion Week!
1. Make a statement with the hottest name brand sunglasses. Solestice Sunglasses makes it easy to find over 40 designer brands in one place.
2. Find the perfect fit with VR (Vintage Revolution) Jeans;
3. Glam up your style with Chelsea Taylor’s chic jewelry.
Read in Style
There’s just something about holding a magazine in your hand, am I right, fashion lovers? But when you’re on the go, it’s sort of hard to tote around several bulky magazines with you. Now we know we can read books/magazines on the iPad, but Robert shared with us the new, first full-color touch Reader Tablet from Nook: the Nook Color. With the Nook Color, you carry around all your fave magazines in a thin, portable little genius that allows you to read magazines in beautiful color, easy accessibility and sheer awesomeness.
Since love for our environment is always in fashion, Robert had a few recommendations for the eco-conscious fashionista:
1. Try OBOEbags, eco-friendly and chic bags made from reclaimed or remnant fabrics;
2. Treat your feet with Okabashi 100% recyclable flip flops. Complete with ergonomic foot beds, these are the perfect find for the on-the-go gal;
Eat Light & Healthy
To keep those fabulous forms intact during Fashion Week, Robert had a few food finds as well!
1. Indulge with Temptations by JELL-O. These delectable snacks all ring in at 150 calories or less and are available in tempting flavors ranging from Apple Custard Pie to Raspberry Cheesecake.
2. FoodParc has got to be the food lover’s modern playground! With its touch screen monitors, text message order alerts and live foursquare feed, the hig-tech food space serves up down-to-earth and exceptional ingredients for all you health-conscious fashionistas.
We are giving away one RUSK w8less Strong Hold Shaping and Control Hairspray and a Lifetherapy “Play” Choose Your Mood Pulse Point Oil to a lucky winner during fashion week. Simply leave a comment (tell us what hair styling products you’re currently using) below to be considered AND post this on your Facebook wall.
Enjoy being fashionable, dear readers!
– Chrissy Callahan
If you like this post, give it a LIKE on Facebook and share it with your friends