Just when you think this turbulent week full of makeup, hair and fashion couldn’t get any busier, it’s the 55th Annual Grammy Awards!
Music’s biggest night was full of soft princess hair (worn up and down as seen on Carrie Underwood and Katy Perry), red lips (à la Rihanna and Florence Welch), drastic eyes (Carly Rae Jepsen rocked some 60’s mod makeup) with full-on Michelle Obama-type bangs (why, hello there, Kelly Rowland!).
Read on to see what other hair and makeup looks some of your favorite artists rocked on the red carpet. Also, learn how to get some of the makeup and hair looks at home with the help of celebrity hairstylist and makeup artist Julia Papworth.
Taylor Swift and Florence Welch just aren’t award show-ready without their red lips! Welch kept it simple with an easy-breezy updo with loose waves, while Swift kept it braided together with her updo.
Lest not forget RiRi! Keeping it pretty tame with a center part and loose, beachy waves, Rihanna rocked red from head-to-toe — and boy was she smoking!
To recreate her hair at home, Julia Papworth suggests:
– Wrapping your hair around a medium barrel curling iron, but make sure to leave the ends out.
– Use a drop of serum on your hands and piece through the hair with your fingers. Tilt your head back and spray Oribe’s Après Beach Wave And Shine Spray ($37.00) through the hair and then finish with a light hold hairspray.
Adele always looks flawless with her contoured cheekbones, porcelain skin and winged eyeliner. The volumized updo look was complete with a swipe of some nude lipstick.
Carly Rae Jepsen
Kelly Rowland is back! And since appearing with Beyoncé during the Super Bowl halftime show, her bangs have been all the rage. Carly Rae Jepsen sported the same, blunt bang look with dark, heavily lined eyes and nude lips.
Recreate Carly’s look at home according to Julia Papworth:
– Start with a basic brown or black smoky eye and make sure to line the entire eye, including the bottom lash line all the way to the center. I love MAC Eye Kohl ($16.00) in Smolder for this task.
– Add a few layers of mascara, and finish with silver under the lower lash line near the center of the eye. Try NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil ($24.00) in Silver Factor.
– For her hair, prep with a volumizing lotion and spray, like Oribe Blowout Heat Styling Spray ($49.00), before blowing the hair out with a medium-sized round brush. Finish with a light serum on the ends.
Katy Perry kept it low-key this Grammy Awards. In a beautiful mint-green gown, Katy’s raven black hair was left loose, shiny and carefree. Her makeup matched her effortless glamour look with dark eyeliner to keep her greenish blue peepers center stage.
– Then, he blew it out using a large round brush to create volume. Next, Renato parted her hair down the middle and applied KMS California FREESHAPE® Hot Flex Spray to ensure the style would last all night.
– Then, he used a 1 ½ inch curling iron to smooth the hair and create texture.
– To seal the look, Renato added a drop of KMS California SILKSHEEN® Polishing Serum.
Renato really brought the pin-up girl to life with Katy’s gorgeous, shiny hair, spraying it with KMS California HAIRPLAY® Dry Touch-Up for instant, weightless surface conditioning. To pull the look all together, Renato used Goldwell® Elumen® NA@2 with VV@all to achieve Katy’s rich, glossy color. A deep espresso with a violet undertone, this color leaves a super-rich finish that shines like glass.
Carrie Underwood looked (as always) like a princess. Her usual flowing blonde locks were chopped a little shorter than usual; smoky eyes and nude, glossy lips kept her locking fresh-faced and ready to party.
ABOUT JULIA PAPWORTH
Julia has an impressive celebrity roster working with high profile names like Cameron Diaz, Melissa Leo, Sarah Silverman, Kendra Wilkinson, Emma Roberts, Samuel L Jackson, Julia Stiles, Bella Thorne, Rashida Jones, Caridee English, Elijah Wood, Carrie Preston and Andy Sandberg, among many others.
Who looked the best at this year’s Grammys? Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Theresa Romano
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.