Stylist Clyde Haygood used Scunci products for Demi Lovato‘s look at last night’s American Music Awards. It was the perfect combination of where modern meets retro. Haywood created iconic finger waves in the hair and revolutionized them using Scunci Hair Shimmer and Caviar Beaded Barrettes to give brilliant sheen.
How to Get Look #1:
Demi wanted to look super groomed for the red carpet so the stylist ensured this with classic finger waves that were very polished. To accent them and make them pop on camera, Clyde mixed both the silver and gold Scunci Hair Shimmer and applied within the ridges of her hair to add more drama.
How to Get Look #2:
For Demi’s first performance she and her stylist wanted additional brilliance and texture. Clyde broke up her previous polished look to make her more edgy, added in more Hair Shimmer and finished the look with Scunci Caviar Beaded Side Pins to create additional hints of interest.
Check out Demi Lovato performing with Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” below:
Stylist Bobby Eliot used Conair for Hailee Steinfeld, inspired to perfectly complement her sequin romper. A Bardot undone, french-inspired vibe with a center part, resulting in the perfect combination of playful and sexy.
How To Get The Look:
- Start with wet hair and brush through a volumizing mousse using a Conair Detangling Brush, below – the soft bristles ensure that product is evenly distributed, while gently reducing and preventing tangles.
- Blow out hair, concentrating on getting volume around the root, and when it is almost 100% dry use the Conair Porcupine Cushion Brush to finish and smooth out hair, giving it a natural shine
- Use a 1” Marcel Iron and create undone texture, twisting hair in alternative directions for more of a beachy, natural look
- Next, section hair and lightly back comb using the Conair Slim Teasing Brush giving hair extra body and fullness
- Lastly, finish the look by shaking out hair with fingers, spray a light-hold hairspray and touch up any unwanted flyaways using the Conair Fly Way Brush
Kendall Jenner rocked a chic top knot with an edgy flair of side swept bangs on the red carpet of tonight’s American Music Awards. Celebrity hairstylist, Etienne Ortega, created this sleek top knot look with the help of KMS California products. “My inspiration for Kendall’s look was a funky modern top knot with a wispy bang, that goes perfect with her high neck dress!” Here’s the scoop from Ortega on how to get Kendall’s red carpet look:
Step 1: Ortega used KMS California ADD VOLUME styling foam ($17.50) while the hair was damp and roughly blow dried her hair.
Step 2: Ortega used the KMS California HAIR PLAY messing cream ($20), putting a quarter size amount in his palms and worked it all throughout the hair to start creating a build up of texture.
Step 3: Then Ortega put her hair up into a pony, followed by twisting the hair into a fun top knot.
Step 4: To finish the look he used the KMS California HAIR PLAY playable texture ($20) to make her bangs textured, piecey and ready to hit the red carpet.
KMS California products are available at salons nationwide, please visit http://www.kmscalifornia.com/en-US/salon_finder.aspx to find a salon near you.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using BeautyStat.com.
Which of these looks from the AMAs is your favorite?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.