Photos Courtesy of WMagazine.com
Oribe was inspired by supermodel Janice Dickinson’s ‘70s style for the voluminous blow-out he gave Jennifer Lopez for the August issue of W Magazine.“It’s very classic movie star hair,” Oribe said. “There’s something strong about it, which keeps it modern.”
Oribe also noted that Jennifer’s new hue, which was done by Anthony Palermo of New York City’s Anthony Leonard Salon, is perfect for the upcoming change in season. “It’s always nice to go a bit darker for fall,” he explained. “Even a subtle change to a richer shade can be a great transformation.”
Get The Look:
1. Apply Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse ($35.00) to damp hair and blow-dry with a round brush. You can also use Velcro rollers to achieve similar volume and movement.
2. Use a curling iron and create a classic set. Let hair cool, and then gently brush through the curls.
Oribe has released their NEW Curl Shaping Mousse! Check out our Q&A with hairstylists talking about how to embrace, style and condition curly hair —> HERE!
3. Spray Oribe Soft Dry Conditioning Spray ($35.00) throughout the lengths of the hair to give it a cashmere feel without changing the style or losing the texture.
4. If hair is naturally frizzy, use a small amount of Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream ($49.00) to smooth strands.
5. Set with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray ($18.50 Purse Size (75 ml / 2.2 fl. oz); $29.00 Full size (300 ml / 9 fl.oz) or Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray ($19.50 Purse Size (75 ml / 2.2 fl. oz; $39.00 Full size (200 ml / 5.5 fl.oz).
Get the season’s latest blow-out hair look by visiting the DREAMDRY Blow-Out Salon By Rachel Zoe in NYC. Check out our review —> HERE!
6. To refresh your style the next day, use hot rollers and Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($19.50 Purse Size (75 ml / 2.2 fl. oz; $39.00 Full size (300 ml / 8.5 fl.oz) at the roots.
What do you lovely ladies think of Jennifer Lopez’s hair on the cover of the August issue of W Magazine?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.