Did any of you catch the Dancing with the Stars season finale? What did you think of Derek and Kelly winning performance? Or, how about co-host Brooke Burke Charvet’s gorgeous modern/funky updo? We found out how to recreate her hair look at home using some of the show’s favorite hair products from White Sands.
“Brooke Burke Charvet‘s look for the Dancing with the Stars performance finals was inspired by her dramatic Michael Costello gown,” reveals celebrity hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek.
2. From the outside corners of the eyes, make two clean parts back to the crown and pin the section out of the way. Then, blow-dry the rest of the hair with a medium round brush to create a smooth finish.
3. Take the sides of the hair and gather into a ponytail in the back. Fasten with a small rubber band. Clean up any fly-aways using a fine tooth tail comb and White Sands Infinity Hairspray ($21.00).
4. Using a small round brush, blow-dry the top of the hair concentrating on lifting the roots for volume. Spray a few pumps of Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray ($27.20) all over to smooth and add shine.
5. With your fingers and the blow dryer, push the hair up and towards the center to create your pompadour. Use a few pumps of the White Sands Infinity Hairspray to hold the shape.
6. Place criss-cross bobby pins down the center of the pompadour and roll one side over to conceal, fastening with invisible hairpins. Think loose French twist and look in the mirror and adjust the shape that’s best for your face. It’s best if it is not too symmetrical, it will look more interesting.
7. Let the rest of the hair cover the first ponytail. Fasten with a couple of pins. Then, gather all the remaining hair and create a single braid.
So, there you have it! Did any of you lovely ladies like her hair that night? Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.