Getting the perfect blow dried look is hard. We try and try, but it never looks as great as it does as when we get go to the salon. But, we can’t ALWAYS head to the closest blow out bar (even though we always want too). We’ve got some tips from Stylist Nicole Perteet from Marie Robinson Salon on how to get that perfect blow out at home!
- Tools Needed: A quality blowdryer, specifically the Sedu 4000i which drys hair fast, sectioning clips, small metal hair clips, and a medium size round brush.
- Start with towel dried hair, then prep! For fragile hair, use a heat protectant (sparingly), like Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray. For hair with texture, try a smoothing balm, AG Hair Smoothing Balm.
- Then, section hair – section out the mohawk and both sides of the hair and clip! Part the remaining hair from the crown of the head to the nape of the neck down the middle.
- Begin at the nape of the neck, taking small horizontal sections and dry the hair with the round brush. Then, roll and smooth each section from the ends of the hair, up to the head. Once fully dry, remove the round brush. Roll the hair up and secure with a small metal hair clip. Continue to take small sections up the back of the head. Once the back of the head is finished, move to either side of the head, continuing to take the small horizontal selections. Then, finish with the mohawk section.
- Cool down! Give it about 10-15 minutes before adding your finishing touches.
- Finally, remove all clips and shake out the hair. If needed, apply 1-2 drops of serum, like Matrix Biolage Smoothing Serum, on the ends of hair. Otherwise, finish hair with your favorite hairspray for a more polished look. We like Garnier Fructis Anti Humidity Hair Spray!
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
What is your favorite beauty product to achieve a perfect blowout at home?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Editor in Chief
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.