Remember Katie Holmes’ short flapper bob and blunt bangs? Ugh! How cute did she look (whether they were styled straight or to the side)? Well, Katie Holmes has returned to some face-flattering fringe for spring. And although bangs are always a quick and easy answer to creating a new look, we can sometimes forget how to deal with them.
Watch as Katie Holmes herself walks us through her hairstyle evolution:
– Begin styling your bangs while they are still very wet.
– While bangs are still wet, blow-dry them straight for 3-5 seconds using your fingers only to ensure that they don’t stick to your face. Make sure that you limit this to 3-5 seconds to avoid looking like a 1980’s Bon Jovi fan!
Note: Always use a round brush that is large enough for the bangs to wrap halfway around its center. If the brush is too large, your bangs will be too flat; if it’s too small, your bangs will look awkwardly full.
– Protect your hair with a few spritzes of Alterna Hair Care Anti-Aging Perfect Iron Spray and then flat-iron the ends of your fringe to smoothen.
– Lock your fringe in place with Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hair Spray.
– Always dry your fringe first before you dry the rest of your hair. If you save your bangs for last, all of the small cowlicks around your face will dry that way, and will stay in place until you wash your hair again.
– Never apply oils or serums to the ends of bangs, as they cause separation.
Photo Credit: EOnline/David Roark/Disney
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
What do you think of Katie Holmes returning to bangs? Will you be trying out some fringe for spring?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Theresa Romano, Managing Editor | Follow Theresa on Twitter & Instagram @there_esa
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.