P&G Beauty held their own elections — beauty-lection that is — last night on their P&G Beauty Facebook page to determine fans’ favorite makeup and hairstyle trends from the Spring 2013 runways! The polls closed last night at 11 p.m. EST and the results are clear:
· With 67 percent of the vote, the loose waves look was chosen as the winner for favorite hairstyle
· With 53 percent of the vote, the flawless face look was chosen as the winner for favorite makeup look
To help your readers re-create these winning looks at home, P&G tapped Pantene celebrity hairstylist, Tippi Shorter and to share exclusive how-to tips.
To create effortless loose waves:
1. Start with dry hair. Run a light serum evenly through hair to reduce frizz.
2. If your hair is curly, dry completely using a brush and hair dryer. If you have straight or wavy hair, let your hair dry naturally or blow-dry and scrunch to add texture.
3. Divide the hair into four sections – two in front and two in back.
4. Using a one and a half inch curling iron, wrap one inch sections of hair around the barrel.
5. Hold each section around the barrel for about three seconds then stretch hair off of the iron to help create a loose look.
6. If you need to add volume, alternate the direction in which you wrap the hair around the iron.
7. When hair is completely curled, flip your head upside down and use finishing crème to scrunch and separate waves.
What do you lovely ladies think of this hair fan favorite, winning look? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.