Summer is the season for surf, sun, and showing off! Many women are focusing on getting fit for the warmer weather – but time spent in the gym can take a toll on your hair.
Luckily, you don’t have to sacrifice great style to break a sweat (just look at Nicole Richie above!). TRESemmé celebrity stylist John D. has compiled his top tips to help you keep your hair in shape before, during and after your workout:
Photo Courtesy of Harvey Fitzhugh/iStock
1. After you exercise, quickly blow-dry your hair to get rid of any excess moisture that may have accumulated during your workout. Apply TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (available in Volumizing, Smoothing and Color Care varieties), concentrating on the scalp and roots of the hair.
Then, shake the hair out using your fingertips to evenly distribute the product. Your hair will be refreshed and ready to go.
Photo Courtesy of FireWifeKatie
2. To avoid the tell tale “dent” that seems impossible to flatten after a workout, try a loose topknot instead of a ponytail. Loosely twist the hair on top of the head, and secure with a few hairpins rather than an elastic. After your workout, release the pins and shake out your hair for a volumized look.
3. To protect your hair from breakage caused by tight elastics and hairpins, try holding the hair back from the face and shoulders with a handkerchief or cloth headband. This will limit breakage and will eliminate dents.
4. If you decide to use a blow dryer, flat iron or other styling tools, be sure to apply TRESemmé Platinum Strength Heat Protect Spray (about $4.39) to shield your hair from harmful heat.
5. Next time you do a wash, use TRESemmé Platinum Strength Shampoo & Conditioner (about $5.75 – $8.05), which can repair up to two years of damage and leave your hair healthy, shiny and ready to take on all your summer activities.
See more photos here >> Gym Hairstyle Trends 2013.
What do you lovely ladies think of these gym-hair-saving tips? How do you get your hair back in shape after a workout? Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.