Braided updos are one of my favorite hairstyles to wear. As a mom of two little boys, the last thing I want to worry about is my hair. The style below is not only really easy, but everyone will think it took you forever to achieve it. Check out these hair tips and tricks below.
“I love this braided updo because even though it appears as if you need mad braiding skills to achieve it, you really don’t, “explains Roxie Jane Hunt, contributor for www.Latest-Hairstyles.com. “The bones of this hairstyle are all based around basic braiding techniques, making the infinity braid do-able for anyone. Medium-long to long hair is needed to create this look. If you don’t have quite enough hair to create the finished look you desire, simply throw in a few clip-in extensions!
The infinity braid is also a perfect style for day two dirty hair (and beyond) and the perfect DIY look that can take you from a casual lunch date to an evening formal event in a snap.”
For this gorgeous look, you will need to section the head into threes, two small side sections and one large section down the middle. French braid one of the side sections.
Create a basic three-strand braid on the remaining side section and larger middle section. Secure all braids with a small elastic.
Starting with your center braid, wrap it loosely into a bun.
Use bobby pins around the bun to secure it in place.
Take the French braided section and wrap it under and around the middle bun. Pin into place.
Finally, take the remaining smaller side braid and wrap it over and around your middle bun. Pin that braid into place and spray the entire look with a hairspray of your choice.
Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, show Courtney Bright from darlingtwo.com how to create a New Twist.Check out this DIY Video:http://ruthroche.com/2015/10/09/a-new-twist/
“The French Twist…Bridget Bardot…still didn’t try too hard look is really popular right now, and it’s really easy to do,” says Roche.
A New Twist
- Spray hair with Pureology Pure Volume Instant Levitation Mist on damp hair and rough dry.
- Use thumbs to section a horseshoe section on top and clip back to hold. Do the same for a section from ear to ear.
- Take the last 1/3 of hair and put in in a ponytail, twist it up towards top of head and secure with 2-3 bobby pins into the twisted part.
- Unclip middle section and pull straight back, twist and secure with pins in the twisted part.
- Unclip the top section and backcomb it to create volume.
- Pull back one side and pin it (the side with less hair if wearing a side part).
- Use fingers to position the remaining hair in front into place and loosely pull back and secure with pins.
- Finish with Pureology Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray to lock in all the work.
Tip: To make sure bobby pins stay in place, first insert pin straight into hair, then turn pin flat against the head to grab hair, and push into place.
This new twist has a retro vibe with volume and texture, yet its finish is modern for today. Look for other tips and tricks for a good hair day on www.ruthroche.com.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Don’t you just love the braided updo? Will you give it a try?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.