Need a new ‘do for the new year? Well, look no further. Step aside beachy wave trend of 2015, the “un-wave” is the new wave in town. It may look like it just organically appeared, but it takes a little bit of effort to look so effortless. Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, says it’s so easy anyone can do it and proves it by showing Courtney Bright from darlingtwo.com how to create the look with (GASP) hot rollers. That’s right, break ‘em out! Check out this DIY Video: http://ruthroche.com/category/do-it-yourself-videos/.
“The un-wave is not a beachy wave nor is it straight, but it’s the texture of the moment and is the added touch any style needs to be current,” says Roche.
- Hold Pureology Sea-Kissed Texturizer Salt-Free Tousle Mist 12” from hair, spray entire head and then blow dry in for texture.
- Starting at the top front of the head, create section with fingers, spray section with Pureology Sea-Kissed Texturizer Salt-Free Tousle Mist again, comb out with fingers and wrap the roller around section so it’s tight to the head and the ends are left out and pin roller to secure. Do the entire top of head.
- For the sides, create section with fingers, spray with Pureology Sea-Kissed Texturizer Salt-Free Tousle Mist again and roll one of the larger rollers up in the hair and just hold for 10 seconds. Then, unroll the hair and scrunch it so that while it cools more texture is being created.
- Once the sides are finished, take out all the top rollers and starting at the ends, use fingers to break up the wave, roughing up the texture at the same time.
Hmm…did she wake up looking like that or did she pull off a flawless DIY? Look for other tips and tricks for a good hair day on www.ruthroche.com.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
What do you think of the “un-wave” hair trend?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.