As BeautyStat wraps up New York Fashion Week , we just couldn’t say goodbye without some more designer hair inspirations for the upcoming spring/summer seasons. We’ve seen gorgeous yet edgy updos, top knots and now the Marchesa Spring/Summer ’13 Collection show executed nothing less than a beautiful interpretation of braided hair — with a low-slung ponytail! Frédéric Fekkai‘s lead hairstylist, Renato Campora, created the hair look which was inspired by a graphic, shiny look with a tribal vibe to compliment Marchesa’s ornately elegant collection. Read on to get the 7 easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions to create this look at home using all Frédéric Fekkai hair products:
1. Start with slightly damp hair and use a comb to brush the hair towards the back of the head. Spray Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel ($25.00) throughout the hair.
2. Create a straight middle part and comb through the hair. Blow-dry using your hands to smooth and flatten the hair.
Separate the hair into three sections by dividing the hair from the top of middle part down to the top of the ear on both sides.
4. Take the section on the left side of the head and divide it into two sections (top and bottom layer). Tightly braid each
section into two separate braids that are flat to the head. Repeat this process on the right side of the head. Take the two top braids from each side of the head and criss-cross them over the ponytail. Secure with pins under the ponytail.
5. Take the two bottom braids and pin them in a U-formation that meet at the top of the ponytail. Wrap the ends of these braids around the ponytail and pin.
6. Take the middle section of each U-braid and pin up to the side of the head creating a 90-degree angle.
7. Using a comb, tease the ponytail and spray again with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hair Spray. To complete the sleek look,
spray Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Sheer Shine Mist ($25.00) through-out and smooth out the ponytail with your hands.
So, what do you lovely ladies think of the braided, low-slung ponytail? Will you be trying it out sooner rather than later? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.