The Vera Wang Fall/Winter 2016 hair design was created by runway stylist Paul Hanlon for Pai-Shau. Inspired by the collections’ rich textures, long, lean lines and strong hues, this season’s looks emphasized clean-looking, sculptural styles artfully tucked inside high necklines.
“It’s about the idea of a smaller rounded look: not pinned or sleeked, but with the hair emerging from an elongated design silhouette,” said Hanlon. “These looks are quite youthful and very pure. It’s all about healthy condition, rounded lines and hair that’s not at all over-styled.”
“Our key product for this look was Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex antioxidants. I used it on both damp and dry hair for a luminous shine and to smooth texture, but in a new, much lighter way. As a result, the hair looks fresh, since it can move freely. In fact, you can’t tell there’s anything in it.”
Get The Look:
- Shampoo and Condition with Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser and Pai-Shau Replenishing Cream Conditioner. Apply Pai-Shau Supreme Revitalizing Mask for five minutes, to create healthy, bouncy hair without weight.
- Apply Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex on wet hair to prime, smooth and protect the hair. Make sure to shake really well before applying, in order to activate its binary layers. Blow-dry the hair until it is about halfway dry.
- Apply Pai-Shau Style Soufflé mid-length to ends for soft, sculptural volume and to retain the hair’s hydration.
- Dry naturally, using hands only, without a brush.
- Once the hair is dry, apply a touch of Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion on the ends to smooth and hydrate, then blow dry the ends with a round brush.
- Take a two-inch section behind the ear and make a small braid, slightly past the hairline, then repeat on the opposite side. Though braids do not need to be identical on each side, they should be the same size.
- Use Pai-Shau Imperial Hold Hairspray throughout to add texture and hold the braid.
- Let the hair fall naturally, place the braid behind the ear, and tie the hair at the nape with a silicone elastic band to keep the shape in place. Then place the ends under a jacket or top.
- To finish, freely spray with Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray for flexible, moveable and natural looking hold.
Diane von Furstenberg mixed things up with models sporting Studio 54-era bouncy curls and straight hair. Stylist Orlando Pita wanted to give models like Lily Donaldson and Karlie Kloss very “bouncy DVF curls” while others went for a more sleek rounded blowout.
This classic hair look, reminiscent of both Sharon Tate in the 60’s and Kate Moss in the 90’s, features natural movement and clean imperfections at Altazurra using Kerastase. The hair embodies each model’s natural hair texture and style.
- Prep hair with Nutritive Bain Satin 1 and Lait Vital.
- On damp hair, apply the NEW! L’Incroyable Blowdry Lotion (May launch) all over hair for heat protection, added moisture and style memory.
- Apply Mousse Bouffante to the mid-lengths and ends of hair.
- Next, twirl hair in 1″ sections and roughly blow dry with a diffuser, resulting in a tousled, natural look.
- Flip the head over and fluff up hair at the crown of the head.
- Spray Laque Dentelle all over for a flexible hold.
Mara Hoffman always delivers jaw-dropping ready-to-wear pieces and this Autumn/Winter 2016 Collection was no different. “I wanted the collection to feel like you were sitting at a dinner table with all of the major icons from the 70s – Cher, Jerry Hall, Bianca Jagger,” Hoffman says. Each piece brings the 70s glamour to life with a romantic, yet timeless feel. TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell beautifully accompanied the collection with voluminous, bouncy curly haired looks. Each girl had an individualistic look for the show to showcase her personality, with a variation of different curls throughout that lent itself nicely to TRESemmé’s newest launch, Beauty-Full Volume.
The new Beauty-Full Volume is the only reverse wash system that’s specifically designed to give you soft, touchable volume through the washing process – by conditioning with the collection’s Pre-Wash Conditioner FIRST and using the Shampoo SECOND.
Parted Voluminous Curls:
- Wash hair using TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner and TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo to set the foundation for a voluminous look.
- Cocktail the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer and TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse and apply to damp hair in small sections to ensure product is evenly distributed.
- Blow-dry hair with a diffuser, using fingers to lift the roots.
- Once dry, establish a clean center part using a comb and begin curling hair in small sections with a 3/8-inch curling iron. Hold the curling iron vertically, wrapping each section of hair toward the face.
- Once hair is curled, apply TRESemmé TRES Two Mega Firm Gel over both sides of the part at the roots. Then, blow-dry the gel to create a high-sheen finish.
- Set the look by misting TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray all over. Work the hairspray through sections with fingers, stretching out the curls and to add extra volume and texture to hair.
“We wanted the hair to have a haphazard natural beauty and not feel too pretty or done. Lubov Azria was inspired by dancers this season so there is a shimmer and sparkle in the collection alongside a sportswear influence. The girls feel like performers taking to the stage so each one has her own unique wave that celebrates her hair’s natural texture” – ORLANDO PITA, New York Fashion Week Ambassador for TRESemmé
Step 1: Start with the Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system. First, use the Pre-Wash Conditioner to soften the hair, followed by the Shampoo to wash away weight
Step 2: Apply a quarter-sized amount of the Beauty-Full Volume Maximizer to the roots and rough dry the hair
Step 3: Spray Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray and brush out with a soft bristle brush
Step 4: Pull random 1 inch sections from the crowd and twist around a 1 inch curling iron, starting 2 inches down from the roots and leaving the ends straight
Step 5: Brush out the curls with a soft bristle brush to create subtle movement and volume
Step 6: Finish by spraying Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray for touchable hold
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Do you love the curly hair or straight hair looks from NYFW?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.