With the freezing cold front settling in, it’s hard to imagine doing much more than bundling up in a coat and hat as you head out the door.
Lucky for you, we rounded up the top Spring 2014 trends seen on the runway with tips from Warren-Tricomi’s Co-Owner and Master Hairstylist, Edward Tricomi and Makeup Artist and Founder of Susan Posnick Cosmetics, Susan Posnick that you can do in 5-minutes or less!
Running late for work? Utilize your natural texture with an effortlessly cool braid. Don’t fret — Edward Tricomi recommends working L’Oreal Professionnel Mousse Volupte from roots to ends to create volume and texture.
• Roughly dry and finger-comb – don’t use a brush.
• Starting at the crown, loosely braid hair, getting tighter as you work down through the lengths and ends of the hair. “The more unkempt, the better,” says Tricomi.
• Rub hands over braid to create friction and texture.
• Pull hair at nape of neck and braid to loosen.
• Finish with L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium 2 Hairspray.
Seen At: Victoria Beckham
The classically sporty ponytail feels refreshed when accessorized with a basic headband for a simple, casual glamour look.
• Start with freshly blown-out hair and gather hair about one inch from the neck into a low pony.
• Secure ponytail with an elastic.
• Place headband over head and pull ponytail halfway through to create a small bun.
• Leave the ends of hair out.
• Finish with L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium 2 Hairspray to flatten any flyaways.
• For an alternative headband, Edward suggests cutting off the legs of old tights and wrap around the hair. Use any color for a playful look!
The lipsticks are formulated with olive oil and enhanced with minerals and vitamins A and E to ensure lips look and feel their best.
Seen At: Jason Wu
Transition from day to night with a beautiful pigmented eyeshadow. Posnick suggests layering metallic gold over brown shadow to achieve the metallic sheen that is sure to catch someone’s attention. We’re obsessed with Susan Posnick COLOREYEDEFINE in Platinum/Gold.
The dual-sided, slender pencil gives you layers upon layers of looks. One side features an angled liner to define the eye and the opposite end is a self-dispensing eyeshadow that perfectly complements the liner.
Seen At: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Swap out your neutrals for a bold turquoise hue. Get this cool-toned spring look with Susan Posnick COLOREYEDEFINE in Turquoise/Topaz.
Using the angled end, draw a thick line along upper lashes, then smudge upwards into the crease. Go over the blended shadow with liner to add a more intense pigment and defined eye.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Will any of you beauties be creating these Spring 2014 hair and makeup looks tomorrow morning?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.