Celebrity makeup artist, Allan Avendaño gave Sarah Hyland a simple, yet bold makeup look to complement her yellow two-piece outfit with turquoise jewelry for the 2015 Teen Choice Awards.
Avendaño began creating Sarah’s look starting with the eyes first using the Pür Minerals Cease Crease Eye Shadow Primer to create a flawless base. He then used the Soul Mattes Eye Shadow Palette and applied the Confidant shade all over the eyelid. Using a fluffy crease brush, he patted Sidekick and Alter on the outer corners of the eye and blended the shades into the crease. He used that same shadow combination on the bottom lash line.
“To soften any hard edges, I buffed the BFF shade into the crease and used the Companion shade on the brow bone,” says Avendaño. He then applied two coats of the Pür Minerals Big Look Mascara on the top lashes and one coat on the bottom before applying individual lashes.
Avendaño used the Pür Minerals Color Correcting Primer Illuminate & Glow followed by the Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid Foundation with SPF 15 in Blush Medium with a damp sponge for seamless application. To add dimension to Sarah’s face, he applied the Pür Minerals Mineral Glow on her cheekbones, temples and jawbones. He then applied the Pür Minerals Chateau Cheeks Pressed Powder Blush in Kinky on the apples of her cheeks to add more color.
To highlight, he used the Pür Minerals Afterglow Illuminating Powder on the high points of her cheekbones, the brow bones, the bridge of her nose, the inner corners of her eyes and her cupid’s brow.
To create full and bold-shaped brows, he used the Pür Minerals Wake Up Brows in Mocha and used the highlighter end to amplify the arch of her brow.
Avendaño finished off Sarah’s look by lining and filling in her lips with an orange-red lip liner and applied the Pür Minerals Chateau Kisses Plumping Lip Gloss in Foxy giving her a hydrated, full and sexy pout.
Jordana Brewster’s makeup look at the Teen Choice Awards was created by makeup artist Kayleen McAdams for Charlotte Tilbury Beauty. The ‘Furious 7’ star and Teen Choice Awards nominee stunned on the red carpet with a fresh and sophisticated look.
In creating the look, Kayleen took a cue from the dress Jordana had selected for the red carpet. “Jordana’s dress was young and flirty, so I wanted to anchor the look with a sophisticated golden bronze eye and a fun lip, something more unexpected than the red that was in her dress,” said Kayleen.
Here are the key steps used to create the look:
- Pond’s Cleansing Towelettes were used to freshen the skin. To add luminosity on the high points of Jordana’s face, Kayleen applied Charlotte Tilbury WonderGlow, which creates a flawless soft focus and instant “spotlight” effect, and acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation in 7 Medium.
“Jordana has beautiful skin and takes great care of herself so I used WonderGlow to add a luminosity just on the high points of her face. I love this product and always use it as a first step before applying the light wonder foundation.”
- Kayleen applied Onomie Bright Concealing Elixir in Émilie underneath the eye to brighten and blended with a mini beauty blender sponge to remove excess product. Rid the face of any unwanted oils with a dusting of Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium down the middle of the face only, keeping Jordana’s cheeks fresh and glowy.
- To add an unbeatable red carpet-worthy glow, Kayleen used the Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson Colour of Youth Cream Blush to give a very soft pink flush, and applied the bronze shade of Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Sun Tan & Sun Light to hollows of the cheeks, temples and across the bridge of the nose. Once all the cream products were used, Kayleen set the cream bronzer with a powder bronzer—Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt & Highlight in Medium-Dark—to lock in her golden glow.
- Next, Kayleen used Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Brooke S to perfect brows and shape the face and set with Anastasia Clear Brow Gel to frame the eyes.
- Kayleen applied Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Bette across the lids, into the crease, and along the bottom lash line. “The shadow sets perfectly and won’t budge even in the heat,” Kayleen says. Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Barbarella Brown was applied around the eye on the waterline. To add depth, Kayleen applied the sculpt shade of Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt & Highlight in Medium-Dark to the crease of the eye and bottom lash line.
- After applying false lashes, Kayleen used the cream eyeliner to blend the lashes to Jordana’s natural lash line. Kayleen finished with two coats of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes to the top and bottom lashes to create an open-eyed look.
- For the lips, Kayleen finished with the unexpected coral lip using Charlotte Tilbury’s NEW Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna.
“I loved the idea of doing a coral lip rather than the expected red. I used a little lip balm to moisten Jordana’s lips and then filled in the entire lip with Sexy Sienna, one of my favorite coral lipsticks! I applied the product straight from the tube, cheating the edges of the lip a little to look even more full. There was just enough room in her purse to take the lipstick for touchups!”
- Lastly, Kayleen applied Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body to sculpt and illuminate the limbs.
“As a final finishing step I used Supermodel Body all over Jordana’s body to give that glow. With an outdoor carpet, there would be lots of chances for the sun to catch the light and make her limbs look sun kissed!”
Gina Rodriguez hosted The Teen Choice Awards with makeup by Carissa Ferreri using Burt’s Bees.
Carissa assured Gina had brilliant and smooth skin all night courtesy of Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Day Lotion w SPF 30.
- Lip Look #1: Carissa first prepped and primed lips with the Burt’s Bees Strawberry Lip Shimmer before layering Burt’s Bees on the Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon in Carolina Coast and Lip Gloss in Nearly Dusk to make lips POP!
- Lip Look #2: For Gina’s second Lip Look of the evening, Carissa applied the Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig to moisturize and then Lip Gloss in Starry Night.
- Lip Look #3: Third times a charm! The third look Carissa created for Gina was a mixture between the Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Caramel Daisy, Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands and Lip Gloss in Sunny Day.
Carissa’s Tip: Use gentle makeup remover wipes to remove lipstick whether you are in between sets, or at night! Her pick? Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with White Tea Extract
Celebrity makeup artist Beau Nelson gave Nina Dobrev strong, sexy eyes and a pale lip for a simply stylish look. Beau’s Inspiration: The ultimate cool girl – undone, but super chic.
Lips: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner in Iconic Nude to make her lips appear slightly fuller, followed by Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Lip Color in Petal Pink. To finish the lip, Beau applied mark. Total Kiss Up Plumping Gloss in Sexy.
Face: Beau wanted to give Nina a natural satin finish with a little bit of glow so used Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smooth Firming Foundation #6 and #9. Next, mark. Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All Over Face Palette in Pearly Pink on the apples of her cheeks and finished the look with mark. That’s Brilliant Face & Eye Luminizer on her cheek bones to give her a dewy radiance.
Eyes: The eyes were the main focus of Nina’s look. mark. On The Dot Neutral Eye Color Compact, was applied with the darkest brown hue to the crease to create definition. Then, mark. On The Edge Liquid Eyeliner to create a thick winged eye liner and several coats of mark. Lash Act Build and Define Mascara to the lashes. Finally, Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil to enhance Nina’s brows.
Avon and mark products are available at avon.com.
Celebrity makeup artist Lauren Andersen gave Bethany Mota bronzed, glowing skin and a stunning smokey eye.
Lauren’s inspiration: Fun, fresh and radiant. Below, she shows us step-by-step tips for the look.
Face: I started by prepping Bethany’s skin with By Terry Foundation in Matte Finish and applied Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light and Chanel Narcisse Blush. I also applied Laura Mercier Illuminating Powder on the cheeks for added glow.
Lips: We wanted to keep Bethany’s look natural, so I used Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Lip Color in In Bloom for the perfect neutral hue.
Eyes: To create Bethany’s smoky eye look, I used Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Mocha Late and Avon Always On Point Eye Liner in Brown on the upper outer lash line as well as smudged on the lower lash line. To finish the look I applied several coats of Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara in Black to the lashes.
Britney Spears rainbow ombre had a mixture of sea green and lilac purple. Get her look with Streekers! Apply the color you want onto dry hair, and wait while it dries quickly to your desired color.
Rita Ora went for a more subtle look with a pastel pink. Get her look with RPZL Pop of Color clip-in extensions in Lavish Lavender or Poised Purple. The 100% Virgin Remy Hair Extensions come in 6 different fun shades!
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com. And btw, check out this Stunning Polka Dot Tie.
Which Teen Choice Awards look is your favorite?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.