Last night’s 67th Emmy Awards showcased amazing designer dresses gracing the red carpet. Hair and makeup looks were stunning and featured bobs, updos, glam curls, and so much more!
Lady Gaga rocked a great bob hairstyle by Pure Artist Sandra Joseph.
Get The Look:
- Begin by washing hair with Pureology Nano Works Gold Shampoo and Condition featuring Golden Marula oil to restore youthful movement, suppleness and shine.
- For added strength and repair, lightly mist Perfect 4 Platinum Miracle Filler Treatment throughout while hair is still damp.
- Emulsify a small amount of Highlight Stylist Gold Definer contour shine-gel in your palms and work through for shine, bend and control.
- Beginning at the base of the neck, blow dry with a medium round brush taking about 2-inch sections creating barrel curls. Secure sections with clips while working your way to the top. Allow set to cool.
- Smooth hair with a soft bristle brush and lightly lace the root to mid-shaft for volume. Tuck sides behind the ears and finish with Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for a hold that will last all night.
Uzo Aduba, “Orange Is The New Black” Best Supporting Actress in a Drama was the epitome of Hollywood glam at last night’s awards using Classic Elegance tools.
Get The Look:
1. Beginning with damp hair, stylist used the T3 Anti-Gravity 2” Barrel Brush and the T3 PROi Dryer to blow out the hair.
2. The hair was prepped with heat protectant spray and then Vanessa used the 1” clip barrel from T3’s Convertible Collection the pieces of hair framing the face, alternating the directions of the curls as she went. She pinned each curl and allowed it set.
3. Moving to the back of the head, Vanessa took 1 ½ inch sections and alternated between the 1” clip barrel and the 1.25” Twirl 360 Curling Iron, pinning the curls as she went.
4. To smooth the edges around hairline and nape, Vanessa used the T3 SinglePass 2 flat iron.
5. Once the curls were cooled, Vanessa removed the pins and let the waves fall. She gently combed through the waves with a wide tooth comb.
6. To finish the look, Vanessa used a Bungee Ponytail Holder to wrap the hair around and pin in place on the lower back of the head.
John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh gave actress Taylor Schilling an elegant, voluminous look for the Emmys. “Taylor’s dress has a bohemian Grecian vibe and strong color so we thought it would be cool to take something classic and make it more modern – the volume on the sides gives a contemporary pyramid shape and the relaxed waves evoke glamour,” he says.
Get The Look:
1. To begin, Harry applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse on towel dried hair for maximum volume and width.
2. Then, Harry loosely blow dried sections of her hair with a round brush.
3. After blow drying, he used the Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron to create waves – making sure to wrap the hair around the iron in the same direction.
4. Once the curls set, he finished off the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray to give the hair some shine and to keep it from falling flat.
Her makeup also looked flawless by makeup artist Hung Vanngo, who used Charlotte Tilbury products to complement her bohemian glamour dress.!
Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend styled Best Supporting Actress nominee Lena Headey, and she looked fabulous! Below is the breakdown of Lena’s playful hairstyle directly from Mark himself so that you can recreate this look at home.
Get The Look:
Working with Lena Headey is a dream for any hairstylist because she likes to take risks with the styles we create for red carpet events! For the award show, I talked with Lena about the right hair to go with her amazing Zuhair Murad gown, and we decided on shine and volume with lots of texture.
1. I showed up a little early to trim her hair and give her some short fringe. When her hair was still wet, I added a few drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment and combed through before starting the cut to seal the hair cuticle and keep it smooth in the super high temperatures we have in Los Angeles today.
2. For the hairstyle, I started by adding a few pumps of Dove Youthful Vitality Silk Crème to her damp hair and blow dried with a small round brush to achieve smoothness and volume.
3. Once hair was dry, I took 2 to 4 inch sections of hair and wrapped them around a Harry Josh Pro Tools 1 inch curling iron, leaving the bottom few inches loose. Then, I wrapped the bottom sections in opposite directions to ensure hair was wavy and not curly.
4. To give the hair some extra texture and pieceyness, I scrunched in Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray all over.
5. Finally, just before leaving for the red carpet (and the extreme heat!), I very liberally sprayed Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over to keep the hair in place and add shine.
Lena’s Game of Thrones cast-mates looked beautiful as well!
Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler styled Lead Actress Nominee Claire Danes at the 67th annual Emmy Awards.
“Claire looks beautiful in a deep purple Prada dress. It’s 90 degrees in downtown Los Angeles, so I wanted to pull her hair up. I decided to go for a faux bob, with a late ‘60s/early ‘70s vibe. At first, I envisioned a Grace Kelly Goes to the Beach look, but that style was too rough and raw. We wanted polished and red carpet-ready, so we opted for Grace Kelly Goes to Palm Springs.
First I dried Claire’s hair in sections using the ghd air hairdryer and ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 3. Once dry, I created a deep part on the right side and curled hair under using the ghd curve classic curl iron, which added a touch of texture. With ghd’s patented tri-zone technology, I can style hair in less time and create a long lasting curl without having to use a ton of styling products. Next, I created two small pin curls and secured at the nape of her neck using bobby pins which helped create the illusion of a faux bob. Lastly, I curled a section of hair down in the front to frame her face and used a finishing spray to hold the style in place.”
Right before she walked out the door, I spritzed on a finishing touch of Leonor Greyl Lacque Souple to nail it down. She’s got a golden nude makeup look and elegant hair. As she stepped on the red carpet she said, ‘I feel like I’m going to Bob Hope’s house!’ with a laugh.
Leonor Greyl products can be purchased at Leonorgreyl-usa.com
Luxury hair tools brand, ghd, worked with top celebrity hairstylists to help create a picture-perfect, flawless red carpet hair styles for the Emmy’s.
Celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora for ghd, worked with January Jones.
“I wanted to give her hair a defined, yet soft look like Michelle Pfeiffer had in Scarface.”
I first applied a volumizing mousse on January’s wet hair, then using the ghd air hairdryer and ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 4, I started blow drying and smoothing out the hair section by section. I then curled the top half to create large waves using the ghd curve soft curl iron. The secret to creating long lasting waves is ghd’s tri-zone technology, which styles hair at the optimal temperature of 365 degrees to ensure styles last longer and gives added shine. Next, I took 3 inch sections at the back and curled hair on both sides, then let it cool. To finish, I gently brushed out the curls and locked in the look with hairspray.”
Cervando Maldonado/The Wall Group for L’Oréal Paris stated, “The inspiration behind Naomi Watts look was to create a tousled, modern updo with a chic, 1960’s twist.”
1. To ensure high-shine, Cervando first washed hair with Advanced Haircare Nutri-Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Next, onto damp hair, Cervando applied Advanced Hairstyle Curve It Elastic Curl Mousse to help create texture, as well as Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray both at the roots and combed through the rest of hair.
3. He then rough dried hair and put Velcro rollers in to add volume. After letting the rollers set, he blew out the hair straight and smooth.
4. After dry, Cervando sprayed Advanced Hairstyle Txt It Tousle Waves Spray for all-over polish, texture and movement.
5. Next, he dried the hair with a diffuser and created small waves with a flat iron.
6. Cervando then pulled Naomi’s hair back into a loose updo and twisted the hair, pinning as he twisted. He chose to leave Naomi’s bangs and a couple of face framing wisps out to accentuate her tousled look.
7. Once secured, Cervando lightly misted Advanced Haircare Nutri-Gloss High Shine Glossing Mist to lock in shine, then sprayed L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold to hold the look in place.
For Naomi’s makeup, Monika Blunder for L’Oreal Paris, says, “Naomi wore a beautiful Dior dress that was soft with silver beading and a touch of floral. The look we created to complement the dress was very modern and fresh with a 60’s twist.”
Get The Look:
1. Monika moisturized skin with L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Skin Illuminator and then started by applying L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup W-3 all over the face with a damp sponge and used concealer to spot conceal the areas that needed more coverage.
2. Then, Monika worked on the brows. She wanted to create strong brow since the rest of the makeup was very soft and fresh. She used L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor in Brunette to create a fuller brow by filling in gaps and adding definition.
3. For the eyes, she used the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude 2. She used shade #3 in the crease and shade #1 in the inner corners to highlight and open up the eyes.
4. Next, she used L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeliner in Black Brown very close to the upper lash line to create more depth and to make the lash line appear fuller. She then used shade #6 from the eye palette to soften the line. To finish the eyes, she curled the lashes and applied three coats of L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara
5. For the cheeks, she wanted something healthy and dewy-looking. She used L’Oreal Paris Visible Lift Blush in Soft Peach to create a soft flush on the apples of the cheeks. Then she highlighted the tops of the cheekbones and brow bones using the L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in Ice
6. For lips, she created a soft, peachy pink by first applying L’Oreal Paris Le Matte Lip Colour in Game, Set, Matte and layered L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fairest Nude to soften the color
7. To ensure the makeup lasted all day during one of the hottest days in LA, she finished the look with L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Set & Spray Makeup Extender Setting Spray
L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Hairstylist, Mara Roszak states, “This look was inspired by the gorgeous dress Rebecca Rittenhouse wore. Rebecca had an idea of what look she wanted and we both agreed that hair down was definitely the way to go, but we wanted to keep the hair off of her face. We went with a very clean and classic style with a modern center part.”
1. After washing with Advanced Haircare Nutri-Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner, Mara applied Advanced Hairstyle Blow Dry It Thermal Smoother Cream, all over and then parted Rebecca’s hair down the center.
2. Next, she blow dried the hair with a round brush to create a very smooth look.
3. Using a 1 ¼ flat iron, Mara waved Rebecca’s hair from ear height down and sprayed L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold all over.
4. With a soft brush, Mara very gently brushed through the waves and sprayed again with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold to hold the look in place.
5. Next, Mara modernized the look by tucking Rebecca’s hair behind her ears. She sprayed Advanced Haircare Nutri-Gloss High Shine Glossing Mist all over the hair for added shine.
6. The look was finished by running the end of a comb dipped in Advanced Hairstyle Lock It Extreme Style Gel over strands to tame any flyaways.
Standout beauties, Tracy Ellis Ross, Teyonah Parris, and the big winner of the evening Viola Davis were natural hair beauties.
As temperatures rose at the 2015 Primetime Emmys, COVERGIRL Sofia Vergara brought the heat in a stunning, embellished dress and luminous COVERGIRL beauty to outlast the celebration!
Below, Sofia’s makeup artist, Kayleen McAdams shares how she created Sofia’s radiant red carpet look at the Emmys.
To start, Sofia always loves that healthy bronze glow – so I began by smoothing Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation in Classic Tan over her skin, this foundation is perfect for achieving that radiant, glowing look that Sofia craves, and the long-lasting coverage will last her all night. I then moved on to her cheeks – I chose Cheekers Blush in Plumberry Glow, our go to shade, to brighten her look and give her cheeks that rosy youthful glow.
Next, onto Sofia’s eyes, to give them a bit of shape – I touched up her brows with Pow-der Brow in Medium Brown and then used Eyeshadow Quad in Go for the Golds Shade #3 along with Perfect Point Plus in Chestnut to line the eyes, I kept the eyes minimal knowing that I wanted her lips to take center stage tonight. The eye look was then completed with lots of LashBlast Volume Mascara in Very Black.
I finished off Sofia’s look with the lip – the main focus of her beauty look. I wanted the lip to stand out against the gold of her dress, Outlast Longwear Lipstick in Amazing Auburn was the perfect combination of brown and red, which helped achieve the pop of color I was hoping for.
Alexander Wang created an edgy princess gown for an edgy rock star actress, Taraji P. Henson. The dress called for smoky eyes with lots of liner and sexy lashes.
1. Ashunta Sheriff for L’Oréal Paris started with L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal Eye Cream to ensure makeup didn’t cake around the eyes. She prepped the face with L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Triple Power Deep-Acting Moisturizer, a rich emollient moisturizer to combat dry skin.
2. To prime skin, Ashunta applied L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Miracle Blur Oil-Free to Taraji’s face so complexion appeared smoother and virtually flawless.
3. Next, she used L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in C7 , which blended seamlessly to match Taraji’s tone, providing a flawless canvas. She then corrected minor imperfections with L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer.
4. To create a perfect, illuminated glow, Ashunta applied L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator with a makeup sponge patting into the high points of the face like cheekbones, bridge of the nose, brow bones and bow of lips.
5. Ashunta created the smoldering eye look by using L’Oréal Paris Silkissime Eyeliner by Infallible in Black on lids and lashlines. She blended out the pencil on the lid, which acted as a base and locked in subsequent eyeshadow application.
6. Using her finger tips, Ashunta blended L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Smoldering Plum liberally all over the lids, and layered in darker mahogany and cocoa colors from L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude up to the crease and accented along lower lashline.
7. Ashunta then primed and coated upper and lower lashes with NEW L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara.
8. Ashunta finished Taraji’s eyes by tracing L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Liner into a thin, but bold, cat-wing that gave the look a slightly mod feel.
9. For cheeks, Ashunta used L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Colour Lift Blush in Pink Lift.
10. L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Brazil Nut and Golden Splendor created the perfect nude lip for Taraji’s darker skin tone.
11. To finish and set the look for the long, hot evening, Ashunta spritzed L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray all over the face.
Ryan Richman for L’Oréal Paris created Sarah Hyland‘s look. “Sarah’s Zac Posen gown was sleek and elegant. I like to do the opposite with the hair so opted for a messy tousled wave. I’ve been doing Sarah’s hair for about two years so often times the challenge is to do something I’ve never done before. I have done her hair wavy countless times but never quite like this. This texture shows off her amazing cut and color and accommodated the look well.”
1. First, Ryan prepped damp hair by spraying a generous amount of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Blow Out HeatSpray, focusing at the root. He used a wide-toothed comb to distribute product throughout the hair and create a deep side part.
2. Using a blow dryer and his fingers, Ryan rough dried the roots until halfway dry. He picked up a medium boar bristle round brush to finish drying each section – being careful not to over-smooth the hair – for added volume and a little natural texture.
3. He next used a 1″ flat iron on medium heat to create a tousled wave, spraying L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold on each section before curling, and holding the flat iron vertically facing down clamp a 1″ section of hair at the base of the head. In a fluid motion, he twisted the iron and pushed downward to create a loose beachy wave. Ryan alternated directions of the wave as he moved throughout the hair for a beautiful tousled-texture result.
4. To follow, Ryan rubbed a small amount of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Hyper-Fix Putty into the palms of his hands. Focusing at the root, he worked the product through the hair roughly with his hands.
5. Last, he used a bobby pin to secure the small side of the part behind Sarah’s ear and misted L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold all over the hair to lock in the style.
Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen worked with Scream Queens star Emma Roberts for last night’s Emmy Awards.
Get The Look:
“I started by prepping Emma’s skin with Honest Beauty Everything Primer and added Hourglass Dim Light Powder to the cheeks. To give Emma a soft smoky eye, I used the Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Berry Love. I applied the light pink shade in the crease, the bronze shade under the eyes and used a brush with the burgundy shade as an eyeliner. I finished with a few coats of Avon SuperExtend Winged Out Mascara in Black. I wanted to keep Emma’s lip soft and natural so I used the Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Lip Color in Honey Flower.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Which was your favorite look of the evening?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.