The hair at the Derek Lam Spring/Summer 2018 show at NYFW was inspired by a 70’s desert safari in today’s world. James Pecis created some amazing looks using Oribe Hair Care to create the fresh, light style with a little movement. This stunning photo was taken by Chris DeLorenzo.
- Saturate hair with Maximista Thickening Spray ($38) concentrating on the roots, before blowing it out to control and define hair without weighing it down.
- Create a natural center part and over direct the hair back to keep the sides flat against the head.
- From the ears back, use a 1.5 inch curling iron to create an easy “S” wave.
- Apply Featherbalm Weightless Styler ($42), just at the ends for extra polish.
The Blonds Spring/Summer 2018 Collection was inspired by the intersection of music and life – specifically Elvis Presley, Prince, Grace Jones, and musicians of the late 70’s and 80’s. Kien Hoang used Oribe Hair Care to create a wet, ultra-glossy hair style to complement the looks. Photograph courtesy of Christopher DeLorenzo.
- Saturate the hair with Run-Through Detangling Primer ($37) from roots to ends to add moisture and prep the hair for styling.
- Emulsify the balm-to-oil Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Intensive Treatment ($68) by rubbing between palms, then finger-rake through the hair, beginning at the crown moving down towards the ends to create texture.
- Follow with Curl Gloss Hydration and Hold ($38) and Cote d’Azur Luminous Hair & Body Oil ($75) for added shine and separation.
- Diffuse hair at the top to create lift at the crown.
- Apply Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray ($69) for heat protection before tapping a flat iron down strands to create a piecey texture.
- Use fingers to mold hair back away from the face, leaving pieces out to frame the face. Tuck hair behind the ear on one side, anchoring it in place with red hibiscus flowers.
- Mist the flowers with Cote d’Azur Luminous Hair & Body Oil for a wet and shiny finished look.
Baja East designers, Scott Studenberg and John Targon, are known for their relaxed silhouettes and rich fabrics and their Spring/Summer 2018 pieces kept in line with their highly sought-after signature style. Oribe Global Ambassador James Pecis created two hairstyles that served as a nod to the 90’s featuring strong, angular lines, and clean shapes with minimalistic undertones. This gorgeous shot was taken by Christopher DeLorenzo.
- Spray Maximista Thickening Spray ($38) throughout the hair, concentrating on the roots from the ears forward.
- Use a styling brush to blow dry hair away from the face, keeping height and volume near the top.
- Warm-up Star Glow Styling Wax ($42) in hands and distribute through hair weight and shine.
Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on chic, smooth hair at Tory Burch’s Spring/Summer 2018 Show.
- Prep hair by washing with Redkin Diamond Oil Glow Dry Gloss Shampoo and Redkin Diamond Oil Glow Dry Detangling Conditioner.
- Using your fingers, create a clean center part.
- Apply a bit of Redkin Satinwear 04 to damp hair, section by section, to protect the hair and give it a soft hold.
- Using a round brush, blow dry hair in 2-3″ sections. Leave one section on the top and blow dry vertically for a touch of volume.
- Set hair in pins for 20 minutes to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the hairpins and use your fingers to separate and to soften the look to obtain a bend at the end, but not a curl.
- If needed, brush the hair at the end with a boar-bristled brush for added smoothness.
- Tuck the hair behind the ears, leaving some baby hairs around the face for a bit of personality.
- Start by adding texture to the hair, applying SAIL Soft Wave Spray ($29) from roots to ends.
- Diffuse hair to enhance natural texture.
- For girls with curly hair, spray FREEWAY Spray Defining Gel ($29) into hair and run your fingers through or use a large comb to create movement.
- Finish by flipping hair over and applying a little SKYLINE Dry Shampoo Powder ($36) everywhere to add volume without dulling shine.
Jen Atkin, founder of OUAI Haircare, created several looks for celebrities who attended NYFW. Kaia Gerber looks gorgeous at the Harper’s Bazaar Icons Party. Her look is beautiful and timeless!
- Prep damp hair with Christopher Robin Volumizing Mist.
- Blow dry using the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and Styling Concentrator nozzle.
- Set the hair using Balmain Session Strong Hairspray and a 1″ GHD Soft Curl Iron.
- Brush through hair using a Sonia Kashuk Hair Brush until hair starts to form a wave.
- Finish the look with OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray ($26).
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
Are you a fan of loose, wavy hair? What were some of your favorite hair looks from NYFW?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Dawn Santamarina, Acting Managing Editor
You can follow Dawn on Instagram @missdawn1012
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.