This year’s beauty and hairstyle trends have all emerged from the runways to the red carpet, obviously! Dark lips, luminous skin, retro updos and deep side parts were just some of the looks that are making their way as the top hair and makeup trends for the Spring/Summer 2013 season!
P&G Beauty has been following the red carpet season as well, from the beauty trends and the beauty uh-ohs. BeautyStat attended the Red Carpet Trend Recap Event presented by StyleUnited (by P&G Beauty) to find out which trends made the cut for this season. And find out how to do the look yourself at-home (no beauty school required). Below are photos of some of the event’s guests rocking these on-trend looks!
Read on to find out which products from P&G Beauty best captures these looks, while hairstylist Marcus Francis breaks down this award season’s top hair trends with easy, step-by-step instructions to help you rock these hairstyles at home. Some of the hottest makeup and hairstyle looks include:
Try COVERGIRL LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm ($7.00)
Try COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation ($12.99)
Get the SCULPTED RETRO UPDO Look:
– On damp hair apply Phtyovolume Actif Volumizing Spray ($29.00) from roots to ends. Choose the side opposite your natural to determine which direction to style the hair. This gives you more lift at the front.
– Using a small vented round brush, blow-dry the hair pinning each section in a pin curl. Once the whole head is set, wait ten minutes before taking out the pins and brushing out.
– Using a 1/4″ curling iron, wrap small sections of hair from roots to ends, holding for two seconds. No need to pin; just let the curls sit for five minutes before brushing out with a Mason Pearson paddle brush. Apply Pantene Straighten & Smooth Crème ($5.99) to large sections and brush out again to help pull the texture out to a defined soft wave.
TIP: Bringing the hair over the ear while brushing helps connect to the back as you roll the hair under and secure with large and small bobby pins.
– Spray Loreal Elnett Extra StrongHold Hairspray ($12.99) to those corners and use the end of a tail comb while blow-drying to lock in the sculpted shape to open up the face. Smooth out any flyaways with a toothbrush sprayed with hairspray.
Get The Deep Side Part Look:
– For a look that has more lift in the front, make your part opposite of what you normally do. For a look that has a heavier swoop your part is done as usual. Either side, use the arch (or slightly further over) as a guideline of where to part.
– Blow-dry damp hair with a round brush having just used a volumizing or thickening spray, or mousse, throughout the hair.
– With a 1 1/4″ curling iron, wrap the hair from roots to ends and away from the face on both sides, while choosing either direction for the back.
– On the top sections, focus on curling from the mid shaft down, keeping it flatter and less voluminous.
– Pin each curl vertically to let the texture set for a lasting effect.
– After 10 minutes, unpin and brush out with a paddle brush like a Mason Pearson.
– Using a lightweight cream or molding paste, smooth together sections to create a more uniform wave pattern. Tame flyaways and add hold to the style with a medium hold, brushable hairspray.
Which of these Spring/Summer 2013 makeup and hairstyle trends are you most excited about? Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.