Cutler/Redken Salon has created two different hair looks this NY Fashion Week. Styling hair for both the Monika Chiang and Tadashi Shoji Spring/Summer ’13 Collection shows, Cutler/Redken Salons had their work cut out for them. For the Monika Chiang show on September 6th, hairstylist Leon Gorman was inspired by Chiang’s collection (pictured above) which featured clothing inspired by street style in South Africa. “As this was a spring show and the collection showcased strong shapes I wanted to keep the hair simple and soft with a nice big round blow dry to soften the look,” explained Gorman. Read on to learn how to achieve the look at home step-by-step:
2. Blow dry the hair over, directing the roots for added volume and roll the hair back away from the face.
3. Once dry, backcomb the hair from the hair line to the nape for a sold shape and flatten the sides.
4. If you have thick hair, take a small section of hair from the sides and pull it back into a small, low-sitting pony tail and allow the hair to fall over it. This is to secure the shape and volume at the roots.
5. Finish with Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray ($17.00).
Rodney Cutler, lead hairstylist for the Tadashi Shoji Spring/Summer 2013 show, worked off of Shoji’s inspiration for this season with a modern Silk Road twist. The fusing of cultures and the idea of moving from East to West could be seen in the range of colors, form and fabrics of the collection. Cutler had this to say about the look, “I wanted to complement the clean, modern lines of the clothes, with a simple and elegant look that didn’t overpower the clothes.” Get the look at home with the steps below:
1. Saturate hair with Redken Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray ($14.00) and blow hair out straight leaving volume at the roots.
2. Spray Redken Powder Refresh 01 Aerosol Hair Powder/Dry Shampoo ($18.00) to create texture.
3. Loosely back brush hair and secure in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving volume at the crown.
4. Leave front flyaways out framing the face.
5. Pull ponytail to create slight poof in front.
6. Finish with a light spritz of Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray ($17.00).
What do you lovely ladies think of these two hair looks? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.