USA! USA! USA! This Sunday is the Closing Ceremony for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics! And although we’ll miss all the competition and rooting for our athletes, we’ll still be wondering how did all of those fab skiers, snowboarders and figure skaters have such Medal-Worthy skin and hair? Everyone had such amazingly smooth and glowing skin, along with healthy, frizz-free hair. So, we rounded up some of our fave products to get that Olympic glow!
Just like the athletes, you need your protein, too! The Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial provides a natural source of proteins, minerals and vitamins to instantly nourish stressed, dry skin. An ultra-hydrating facial-in-a-jar, this beauty must-have contains a Greek yoghurt concentrate 2.5 times the protein content of regular yogurt — and works overnight to provide skin with intense, long-term moisturization and nourishment. You’ll wake up feeling brand-new with smooth and refined skin.
Go for the Gold with the L’Occitane’s Shea Butter Ultra Soft Cream in Vanilla Bouquet. This lightweight version of the brand’s covetable shea butter formulas helps shield your skin during the winter months. This light texture of Shea Butter Ultra Soft Cream melts right into skin and smells wonderful — not too much like vanilla, but possibly sweeter! It is also available in Zesty Lime and Rose Heart as well.
With the harsh winds and cold temps raging on, you’re going to need a heavier moisturizer. glō therapeutics Moisture Rich Cream contains wheat germ oil, which helps protect against environmental factors while repairing the skin. It is ideal for dry, aging and eczema-prone skin. You’ll be completely hydrated to reveal a smoother, plumper, healthier & younger-looking complexion.
Competing in extreme weather conditions can lead to red, irritated and flaky skin, so it’s key to increase the amount of times you exfoliate a week. GOLDFADEN MD Doctor’s Scrub contains ruby crystals that polish away dead skin cells for a retextured surface. It really does the job on its own, but you can also add some to your cleanser for a less vigorous cleanse.
New York Streets Hair Repair is a leave-in hair strengthener that repairs and protects without leaving hair limp. Great for fine and weak hair, it contains wheat and soy proteins to add strength and elasticity. It leaves hair shiny and smooth with great body, and helps to reduce static. I simply sprayed it all over my damp hair and blow-dried. My hair was smooth and less clingy, which is great when you’re hitting the slopes in your cute hat.
And although a full face of makeup is mainly worn by the figure skaters, that doesn’t mean the curling team can’t rock a little color. Wear a sheer pop of cherry color on your lips with the Palladio Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in Rosey to moisturize and add a natural stain.
Find out how to get those P&G Biathlon Braids!
1. Wash and prep hair with Pantene Pro-V Maximum Hold Mousse.
2. Section hair into 3 pieces – 2 parted at the crown and 1 at the base of the head.
3. Start at the base of the bottom section and choose a small chunk of hair on the right side to
French-braid. Split it into 3 pieces and connect strands of pre-braided ribbon to each piece
using elastic bands.
4. Separate a piece of hair from the crown section of the hair and begin to braid it in a downward direction. When you’ve braided about an inch of hair, start adding the ribbon into the braid. You should end up with one braided ribbon in each strand.
5. Continue to French-braid, folding in new pieces of hair as you work your way around the head. Gently twist the braid to ensure that your ribbons show.
6. Once the hair is braided, secure it with an elastic band.
7. Check your braid and pull the braided ribbon so that it comes to the surface of the hair as much as possible.
8. Finish the look with a spritz of Pantene Flexible Hold Hairspray to hold the style in place all day.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you beauties loving this #SochiGlam braided hair look? Which skincare and hair items are your fave?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.