Halloween is just two weeks away! If you’re still looking around Ricky’s for a quick costume, don’t worry! We’ve come up with some great makeup looks that you can achieve with what’s already in your makeup bag!
Dress Up Like LADY GAGA With A Wig: How To Get Lady Gaga’s Look From The MTV VMAs: WigSalon.com —> HERE!
We took some ideas from the new beauty look-book Glitter & Glam, a glamorous how-to guide by Emmy Award-winning makeup artist Melanie Mills, featuring easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for all skin types and ethnicities from one of the most sought-after celebrity makeup artists in Hollywood.
Melanie shared with us 6 Halloween-themed looks, and let us know how to get them at home. To find out more about her book, and see some other amazing looks, check out her site at www.gleambymelaniemills.com!
HALLOWEEN NAIL ART TIME! 12 Halloween Nail Polish Art Looks: Spider Webs, Candy Corn, Cats, Ghosts, Jack-O-Lantern, Glitter Designs. See Them —> HERE!
Feeling more current? Whether you want to channel the Twerking Queen, Miley Cyrus, with her red lips or the more subtle, romantic Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby, we’ve got the best products for you to look like all of your fave pop culture icons!
1. Apply foundation all over the lids and up to the forehead, avoiding the eyebrows.
2. Draw in the eyebrow with a dark brown eyebrow pencil and extend the end of the brow. Apply clear wax and brown eyebrow shadow with an angled eyebrow brush to intensify the brow and dramatize the arch.
3. With an eyeshadow brush, apply white cream eyeshadow all over the lid, well above the crease in an almond shape. Also, apply under the eye, especially around the inner tear duct, to give the illusion of huge eyes.
4. Using an eyeshadow brush, layer matte white eyeshadow over the white cream eyeshadow to intensify the color and blend to lock it in.
With an eyeliner brush, apply black gel liner way above the crease from the inner eye past the tear duct to the brow end; very quickly before the gel sets, blend out and upward, creating a fade. With a small crease brush, apply a dark gray eyeshadow lightly over the black gel liner at the crease, making sure to tap excess shadow off the brush so it does not fall into the white lid; blend up.
6. Go back over the main crease with another thin line of the black gel liner. Then take the black gel liner and, starting from the inner under eye, paint a line under the white shadow, creating a space between the liner and lash line; continue extending toward the temple. Blend slightly.
7. Line the upper lash line, tightly, with the black gel liner; line the inner tear duct as well. Apply black cake eyeliner with a flat square eyeliner brush to the inner upper waterline. With a white eye pencil, line the inner lower waterline.
8. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Apply large feather strip lashes using dark Duo. Apply black mini individual flare lashes using tweezers and place them upside down along the lower lash line, spaced, creating gaps and doll-like eyes.
9. Apply foundation to the rest of the face, ears and neck. Contour down the sides of the nose, at the temples, under the cheekbones and on the jawline with a gray/taupe cream contour color.
10. Apply a baby pink cream blush to the apples of the cheeks. Blend this all in with foundation
brushes and a Beautyblender. With translucent powder, lightly powder the face. Line and fill in the lips with a rose lip pencil. Top off the lips with baby pink lipstick. Add the beauty mark with a pointy eyeliner brush and black gel liner, dotting it on.
1. Apply foundation to the entire face, eyes, neck and ears. Apply a red cream blush to the upper cheeks toward the temple. Blend this all in with foundation brushes and a Beautyblender. Lightly dust the face with translucent powder.
2. Using a black gel liner, fully line the inner upper and lower waterlines and inner tear duct with a soft pointy eyeliner brush. With the black gel liner, line all the way around the eyes, including around the tear duct, using a thick eyeliner brush.
3. Apply a jet black cream eyeshadow using a thick angled eyeshadow brush. Press the color almost like a stamp all over the lid (covering more skin on the lid) up to and over the brow and off the lid toward the temples, allowing some gaps of skin to show through, creating a raw edge; leave the bridge of the nose clear but just keep stamping and blotting the makeup all over.
Makeup Preview: Special-Effects Artist Rick Baker MAC Collection: 3 Best Halloween Looks: Frankenstein’s Bride, Day Of The Dead, Zombie. See Looks —> HERE!
4. Use the same brush to blot a matte neon, royal purple loose pigment all over the lids and up onto the brow.
5. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Apply a sparse layer of individual flare lashes in short, medium and long using dark Duo; don’t lay down too many, just enough to make the eyes glamorous, yet still innocent.
6. Apply mascara again.
7. To lay down gold leaf, create a thick clear Duo wash for the foil, using more glue than water (about three parts glue and one part water); using a synthetic brush, paint the wash onto the skin where you want to apply the gold leaf.
8. Let air-dry for a few seconds. Gently lay down the delicate paper, then pull at the foil with your fingers to create a cracked gold face crown.
9. With black gel liner, paint the lips in. (I did the lip line slightly imperfect to give an edgy effect.) With a lip brush, paint in the lips fully. Add just a stroke of a mix of raspberry and eggplant lipgloss to the center bottom lip.
2. With a wider-than-usual angled eyebrow brush, paint in the brows extra dramatic and thick, using a mix of brown and black gel liner. Paint on brows above the real eyebrows. Draw up
and over in an extreme arch, then flare out toward the temple.
3. Go over the painted brow with a dark brown eyebrow shadow and angle the brush to soften a bit.
4. Apply a bright baby blue cream eyeshadow to the lid and up onto the crease using a regular eyeshadow brush. Apply a bright lime green cream eyeshadow above the crease, rounded all the way out to the end of the brow.
Halloween Costume Idea: How To Get The Makeup, Wig Hairstyle Look Of Catherine Zeta-Jones – Chicago Flapper Glam. See The Final Look —> HERE!
5. With a bright matte, yellow cream eyeshadow, go from on top of the green to under the brow; blend back in a rounded shape toward the nose and down toward the tear duct.
6. Line under the eyes with a black gel liner. As you go toward the outer eye, start creating a space between the liner and the lash line, continuing the line out off the eye as far as the end of the brows. Now line the upper lash line from the tear duct toward the temple, connecting with the bottom liner, creating a triangle that has open space in it. Line around the tear duct as well, pointing extremely toward the nose.
7. With a matte yellow loose pigment, go over the yellow cream eyeshadow. With a baby blue loose pigment, go over the baby blue cream eyeshadow. With a lime green loose pigment, go over the lime green cream. Blend the pigments with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, one for each shade. Use a clean eyeshadow brush to blend the edges into each other.
8. Apply blue eyeshadow under the eye, inside the triangle space of the liner. Go back over the black liner. Line the inside of the upper and lower waterlines with black gel liner. Clean up under the eyes with makeup remover.
9. Apply mascara with a small fan brush, followed by another layer of mascara using a mascara wand. Apply really big vampy strip lashes with dark Duo.
10. Apply foundation to the face, neck and ears. Contour with a dark brown cream color
at the jawline using a small foundation brush.
11. Apply bronze gold makeup onto the upper cheekbones. Blend this all in with foundation
brushes and a Beautyblender. Powder with a translucent powder.
12. Line and fill in the lips with a muted red lip liner. Mix black lipstick with a bright yellow
lipstick and apply to the lips. Mix a light yellow gold and a deep bronze gold body makeup and apply all over the body.
2. Blend this all in with foundation brushes and a Beautyblender. Powder the face with a flesh-colored loose powder; press the powder into the skin using a powder puff to create matte skin. Brush off any excess powder with a brush.
3. Perfecting the brows is the key to this look. Liz Taylor was known for her brows. With a wider-than-usual angled eyebrow brush, fill in the brows heavily and define the arch with a dark brown eyebrow shadow.
4. Keep the lid clean. Apply a matte bone-colored eyeshadow from the lid to under the brow, blending in well. Apply a matte medium red-brown eyeshadow to the crease and above, leaving
a clean gap between the shadow and the brow.
Halloween Costume Idea: How To Get The Makeup, Wig Hairstyle Of Teresa Giudice – Real Housewives Of New Jersey – RHONJ. See The Final Look —> HERE!
5. With black gel liner, line entirely around the whole eye. The line must be precise. The upper lash line is a definite cat line with a thick tail, connecting under the eye. Line around the tear
duct. Line the inner upper and lower waterlines with a bone-colored eye pencil.
6. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Apply two sets of Demi Wispies lashes with dark Duo. Apply mascara again.
7. With a blush brush, apply matte pink blush.
8. Line the lips with a bright coral pink lip liner. Top off the lips with a thick and luscious bright coral pink lipstick. For the body, I mixed foundation with a light yellow-gold body makeup.
2. Fill in the brows naturally with a medium brown eyebrow pencil.
3. Apply cobalt blue eyeshadow all over the lid, from the inner tear duct to the outer eye and slightly above the crease in an arch, using a small eyeshadow brush.
4. Apply an iridescent purple loose pigment to the center of the lid and up toward the crease. Line under the eyes as well, and then blend with a small fluffy eyeshadow brush.
5. With a small eyeshadow brush, apply yellow eyeshadow around the tear duct, then blend up into the blue, mixing it all in to create a beautiful peacock effect. Take a little of the yellow shadow under the outer brow bone and blend out.
Halloween Costume Idea: How To Get The Makeup, Wig Hairstyle Of Queen Ravenna From Snow White And The Huntsman. See The Final Look —> HERE!
6. Line the inner lower waterline with a black gel liner and an eyeliner brush. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Layer black individual flare lashes in short, medium, and long along the
upper lash line with dark Duo. Layer enough to open the eye while still keeping the lashes natural-looking.
7. Apply mascara again. Clean up under the eyes with makeup remover.
8. Apply foundation to the face, neck, ears and chest. Contour down the sides of the nose and
under the cheekbones, using a gray/taupe cream contour color.
9. To create a natural flush, apply a sheer red cream blush with a foundation brush to the apples of the cheeks. Blend this all in with foundation brushes and a Beautyblender. Lightly powder with a translucent powder.
10. Line the lips with a cherry red lip pencil. Top off the lips with bright red lipgloss, matching the lips to the shade of a poisoned candied apple.
2. Using an angled eyebrow brush, fill in the eyebrows with brown wax and dark brown eyebrow shadow. Go heavier just at the beginning of the brow.
3. With an eyeshadow brush, apply brown cream eyeshadow all over the lid, around the tear duct, and up to the crease. From the middle of the crease, blend up and out, well past the end of the brow.
4. On top of the cream eyeshadow, apply a chocolate brown loose pigment and blend in with an eyeshadow brush. Add a touch of copper loose pigment to the inner lid and blend out with an eyeshadow brush.
Check Out 3 Spooky Halloween Nail Art Designs From Illamasqua —> HERE!
5. Apply a silvery shimmery cream-colored eyeshadow to heavily highlight the inner eye, from the tear duct to under the brow, stopping under the middle of the brow. Blend well. With a matte orange eyeshadow, thickly shoot out off the corner of the eye, from the middle of under the eye.
Add a dash of matte orange eyeshadow under the middle of the brow and blend out toward the end of the brow. Line the inner upper and lower waterlines with black gel liner using an eyeliner brush. Line the top lash line tightly as well.
6. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Apply a set of plush strip lashes and then a set of Wispies strip lashes on top with dark Duo. Apply mascara again.
7. Apply foundation to the rest of the face, neck and ears. Contour the jaw, under the cheekbones and at the temples with a gray/taupe cream contour color. Blend this all in with foundation brushes and a Beautyblender. Powder with a powder puff and translucent powder for a matte finish. With a blush brush, apply red blush to cheekbones.
8. Line the lips with cherry red lip liner. Apply red lipstick.
2. With an angled eyebrow brush, use clear wax and dark brown eyebrow shadow to fill in the brow, amplify the arch and extend the brow ends.
3. With an eyeshadow brush, apply a metallic baby blue cream eyeshadow all over the lid and up toward the outer crease. Apply lavender loose pigment all over the lid and up to the brow with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, locking in the cream powder and creating a beautiful color transition.
4. Use a small, fluffy eyeshadow brush and a lime green eyeshadow to line around the tear duct.
With a small eyeshadow brush, apply a light shimmery yellow gold loose powder around the tear duct on top of the green, again creating a beautiful color transition.
Line the upper lash line with a cobalt blue gel liner and tightly line the outer bottom corner, using an eyeliner brush. Apply yellow glitter mostly to the inner eye area.
5. Create a Duo wash with clear Duo: Fold a tissue, then place the folded edge on top of the eyelashes to guard them and catch glitter. Dip a rounded Q-tip into the wash, then tap onto desired areas of the eye; then take the same Q-tip with wash on it and dip it in glitter before tapping onto the eye. Close the eyes lightly and keep them closed to let the glue dry; then use a small fan brush to get all the extra glitter off. Use Scotch tape to pick up unwanted glitter pieces.
6. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Apply a set of flirty Wispies strip lashes with clear Duo.
Apply long individual flare lashes to the outer lash line with clear Duo. Line the inner waterlines with a bone-colored eye pencil. Clean up under the eyes with makeup remover.
7. Apply foundation to the rest of the face, neck and ears, and down onto the chest, mixing a deep bronze gold makeup into the foundation. Also, dab a little of the mix above the eyebrow arch.
8. Apply a yellow gold makeup to the top of the cheekbones, above the eyebrow and a touch under the lip. Blend this all in with foundation brushes and a Beautyblender. Lightly dust the face with translucent powder and a powder brush. Apply a shimmery coral blush to the upper cheekbones.
9. Apply a baby coral pink lip gloss. Spread deep gold body makeup all over the body with your hands; make sure to apply to clean, dry skin.
10. Top off with gold rainbow glitter using a big, fluffy fan brush; dip the brush in glitter and tap out the glitter onto the desired spots.
Miley’s twerking isn’t the only signature she’s created over the past few months. Her dark brows and fire-engine red lip have stolen the show in most of her makeup looks, on-stage or off.
Try BITE Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Rioja for a rich, head-turning pout that lasts all day. Define perfect arches with Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil in Dark Brown to finish off this edgy look.
A romance for the record books! Achieve Daisy Buchanan’s whimsical, girly look with a mauve lip and smoky eye worthy of Jay Gatsby’s obsession.
Get The Beauty Look: Carrie Mulligan As Daisy Buchanan In The Great Gatsby Movie – Makeup Artist Tips —> HERE!
A few swipes of Too Faced La Crème Drenched Lip Color in Cinnamon Kiss leaves lips kissable and soft, while IMAN Cosmetics Luxury Eyeshadow Duo in Bronze Goddess softens the look with a hint of shimmer and a low-luster pearl finish. “What Gatsby?”
Don’t go Amanda Bynes-style crazy deciding whether to dye your hair for this costume idea.
Check Out Our Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills HYPERCOLOR Brow and Hair Powder: 6 Bright Colors —> HERE!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Hypercolor Hair & Brow Powder in Teal Tornado gives you ultra-pigmented color that lasts all night, but washes out in 1-2 shampoos! Feel free to selfie your results.
So, are you beauties dressing up for Halloween? What (or who) are you going to be? Will you be creating any of these looks at home?
Let us know by commenting below and re-Pinning this on Pinterest (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.