As New York’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is around the corner, we’ve decided to unveil yet another Makeup Contest, this time a nod to all the elegant, eye-catching, and totally over the top runway looks.
What sets a Fashion Week makeup look apart from the rest? It’s risque. It’s virtuosic, and filled with techniques that only the creme de la creme use. A Fashion Week makeup is one part glamorous, one part avant garde.
If that sounds like something up your alley, we invite you to enter BeautyStat’s Third Overall Makeup Contestand First Fashion Week Inspired Makeup Competition giving us your best headshot that reflects your Fashion Week personality. There are no specific categories (e.g. lips, eyes) but rather we will be looking for the overall look (face only). This is not a nails competition or a hair contest (although if your picture is flattering overall, you could get more votes).
To whet your appetite and ignite your inspiration, take a peek at some of the looks we loved from the Fall/Winter 2011 Runway shows at New York Fashion Week:
Here’s how the contest process works:
1) Send your pictures (smartphone pictures are also fine) to MakeupContest@beautystat.com by September 15th; photos must be of your face only, not of makeup you did for other friends’ weddings, birthday parties etc. etc.;
2) Be sure to include a short description (please spell check for accuracy) of the KEY PRODUCTS you used, as well as any runway show that inspired your look;
3) BeautyStat will pick the TOP TEN finalists and include them in our FINALISTS post for YOU to vote and decide on who should win.
The prizes are sponsored by Make Up For Ever and include some of our latest beauty obsessions. The WINNER will receive a grand prize pack worth $250, and will include the following items:
– Smoky Couleur Mascara #4 in green ($22)
– Khol Pencil #4K in green, #9K in brown ($17 each)
– Aqua Liner #1 ($23)
– Aqua Cream #11 ($22)
– HD Microfinish Powder ($30)
– Kabuki Brush ($39)
– Rouge Artist Intense #46 ($19)
– Lab Shine #S2 ($18)
– Lip Line Perfector ($18)
– HD Microfinish Blush #7 ($25)
The RUNNER UP will receive a prize pack worth $78 containing the following items:
– Two Smoky Mascaras
– Two Kohl Pencils
We’re looking forward to all your runway-inspired entries. Good luck beauties! If you have any questions drop me a line at Charu@beautystat.com or leave a comment below.
– Charu Suri
For giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.