We all know in the dog days of summer maintaining a full face of makeup is next to impossible. Five minutes out the door and eye shadow is creasing, mascara is running, and that flawless contour you applied is melting. With so many exciting outdoor plans to attend worrying about your makeup staying put is something you just don’t have time for. Cut your beauty routine in half with lash extensions and top it off with a fresh summer manicure to feel polished wherever your summer takes you. Celebrity beauty guru and owner of As U Wish Nail Spa Skyy Hadley, shares her tips on how to maintain both lash extensions and manicures.
To extend the life of your lash extensions:
- Allow your lashes 24 to 48 hours of setting time before getting them wet. Moisture from showers or intense workouts could reactivate the adhesive and make your lashes clump.
- Avoid touching the extensions as much as possible. Lashes shed naturally on their own, buy by touching or tugging on extensions it could make them fall out faster.
- Maintain your lashes by making sure your natural ones are healthy. Apply lash conditioner, baby oil, or lash lengthening serum to make sure your extensions have a strong base.
- Consult your calendar. Do you plan on attending any weddings or taking that girls trip to Vegas? Opt for a more full and dramatic lash extension look that says glam but is secretly time saving. Just want to shorten your time in front of the mirror and feel more confident? A less dramatic look is easier to maintain and still looks stunning.
To extend your manicure:
- Remove your polish and let your nails breathe for a good few days. If nails look discolored, squeeze some lemon into your lotion or rub lemon wedge directly onto nail to brighten nails.
- Apply a shea butter lotion or non-greasy cream to lock in moisture
- Apply a cuticle oil to the base of your nails (or even when they are already polished), focusing around the cuticle area to hydrate and bring moisture into the skin, helping the polish last longer.
- Begin painting!
Whether you are spending your summer at the pool or sipping cocktails on rooftop bars your makeup and nails should be the last thing on your mind.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
What tips and tricks do you have for cutting your beauty routine in half?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.