Thrilling, off-kilter and always trendy, this year’s Grammy Awards had a lot of stellar beauty styles to offer. Sure, we could go on and on for hours about who was wearing what, but, we’ll admit there were a lot of looks that we can’t stop talking about. Now, it was really hard to narrow the selection down, but keeping it to our top five favorites, we’re looking back at the hottest looks of the night.
- Lady Gaga’s Metallic Smokey Eye
For Lady Gaga’s bold eye, Makeup Artist Sarah Tanno opted for a range of cream shadows to give her eyes that smokey edge.
- She first applied Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Tin (SV810) ($25) all over the lids and accentuated the inner corners of the eyes with Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Mist (WT901) ($25).
- Next, Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Caviar (BK912) ($25) was smudged on the outer corners of the lids and into the lash line “to create depth.” The cream shadows were then set with Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Lido (GR412) ($33).
- Tanno heavily applied Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil in Black (BK901) ($20) all around the eyes and blended throughout.
- Lady Gaga’s eyes were finished with a couple coats of Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume in Black (BK901) ($24).
- Anna Kendrick: Radiant Red Carpet Glow
Celebrity Makeup Artist, Vanessa Scali, aimed for a chic, timeless look with a little bit of rock-n-roll for presenter Anna Kendrick, focusing on gorgeous skin and a sheer, smoky eye with SkinMedica and BECCA Cosmetics at the 2015 Grammys. “For me, modern makeup is a unique combination of lightweight, transparent textures and colors that enhance rather than cover.
- Prep skin with LYTERA Skin Brightening Complex, as well as a combination of clean moisture and SPF with TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer™ SPF 20 Sunscreen.
- Apply BECCA Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation and BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealing Crème where needed, then gently define bone structure by shading under the cheekbones, jaw and at the temples with BECCA’s Lowlight Sculpting Perfector using the versatile BECCA One Perfecting Brush.
- Highlight the brow-bone, cheekbone and down the center of the nose with BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, and to finish, add a touch of subtle color to the apples of cheeks with BECCA Mineral Blush in Gypsy.
- For the eyes, sweep a sheer wash of BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal on the brow bone and use BECCA’s Eye Tint in Romanticism, a taupey-bronze cream shadow, from lash line to the crease wrapping under the bottom lashes. To make the eyes the stand-out feature, focus mostly on liner and shadow – applying BECCA’s Automatic Eye Pencil in Majorca and Ultimate Crème Eyeliner in Romanticism to the top lashes and inside the waterline. To finish off the eye look, apply a few generous coats of mascara.
- Finish by lining the lips with a shade that matches natural lip color to define without leaving a hard edge, then apply BECCA’s Ultimate Colour Gloss in Fallen Angel with a brush and blend to the edge of lips.
- Rita Ora’s Smokin Rimmel London Makeup Look
“Rita Ora debuted a gorgeous silver crystal and sequined Prada dress that inspired makeup artist Kathy Jeung to create a strong, shimmering eye paired with a pale lip, keeping the focus on the eyes,” explains makeup artist Kathy Jeung.
- Kathy started by priming Rita’s skin with the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer to ensure her makeup would last through the night. She gave Ora’s skin a bronzed glow with Rimmel London Sun Shimmer in Sun Kiss.
- For the eyes, Jeung says “I wanted to give Rita a smokey eye that incorporated glittering silver to match the color of the dress.” To accomplish this she lined the upper lash line with the Rimmel London Soft Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Dark Brown. Over that she used the darkest color from the Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Quad Eye Shadow Palette in Smokey Noir with a small brush to set and enhance the lower eye area. Then she accented the inner corners with the Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Silver and finished this sparkling eye look with the NEW Rimmel London Wonder’Lash Mascara with Argan Oil.
- Kathy completed Rita’s look with a soft lip using the Rimmel London Provocalips 16 Hour Kissproof Lip Color in Skinny Dipping to ensure her pale pout stayed put all night.
- Katy Perry: Flawless Covergirl Makeup Look:
Katy and I decided on a dewy rose/nude palette for tonight’s look. This is what I call a “balanced” look…all key features are in play,” explains makeup artist Jake Bailey.
- I matched Katy’s skin to COVERGIRL Stay Fabulous Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige and buffed a small amount evenly all over her face and neck using a flat tipped kabuki style foundation brush. I then lengthened and arched her brows using COVERGIRL Pow-Der Brow + Liner in Medium Brown.
- I began the eye look with COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes. I began with the darkest shade blending it into the crease and outer corners of her eyes to elongate and add depth. I then used the second darkest shade along the middle of her lids, the third shade on the inner lid and the lightest shade as a highlighter concentrated on the innermost corners of the eye and to highlight the brow bone creating a multidimensional eye in soft complimentary colors. I then created her signature “cat eye” using COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner. I finished the eyes with two coats on the top and bottom with COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara.
- Having finished the eye I touched up the skin a bit and dusted her lightly with COVERGIRL Clean Powder to set. I then took the paler shades from the COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush compact and swirled it onto the apples of her cheeks for a warm glow. I then took the darkest shade and blended it into the hollows of her cheeks to accentuate her bone structure.
- I finished the look by coating her lips with a warm nude lipstick called Sultry Sienna from the COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick collective and topping it with just a touch of COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lip Gloss in Melted Toffee for shine.
- Louise Roe: Bronzed and Beautiful
“Louise Roe has amazing bone structure so I wanted to highlight her natural beauty. I recommend Vita Liberata’s Trystal Minerals – Bronze to contour the face and to give her skin a little extra shimmer on the red carpet,” states Vita Liberata Brand Ambassador Fiona Locke.
- Using the Vita Liberata Tanning Mitt, apply pHenomenal 2- 3 Week Tan Mousse in Medium’ from head to toe.
- Over moisturizer or liquid foundation apply a light dusting of Vita Liberata’s Trystal Minerals – Bronze powder onto the face, neck décolleté in sweeping movements with the Kabuki brush to contour your face, highlight natural beauty & gives skin a smooth finish
- To maintain the life of your tan, use Vita Liberata’s Self Tanning Night Moisture Mask.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
What was your favorite Grammy Awards look?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook