Last night, the ladies from the upcoming Disney film Into the Woods stepped out at the film’s NYC premiere to show us their winter hot makeup looks. Makeup Artist Jenn Streicher created an “alluring and sophisticated” makeup look for actress Emily Blunt. She was inspired by Blunt’s Dolce & Gabbana statement dress, and paired it with a “bold, sexy lip and elegant eye flick.”
How To Get A Dreamy Daytime Makeup Look: Anna Kendrick At Toronto Film Festival – Taupe, Gray Smoky Eyes, Coral Cheeks, Neutral Pink Lip
For co-star Anna Kendrick, Makeup Artist Sara Glick created a look evocative of a “modern day Cinderella.” She was left looking “clean and fresh, with a touch of youthful sophistication.” She added a hint of color to Kendrick’s final look by applying plum and eggplant hues to highlight her eyes. Read on to get the whole rundown on these two festive, party-ready looks!
FACE: Flawless Complexion
· Streicher “properly hydrated” Blunt’s skin using RéVive Intensité Moisture Serum Extrême Complete Hydration. She then followed with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen in Natural, and blended in the shade with a damp BeautyBlender sponge to give the skin a soft hint of color.
· She then dabbed Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in #1.5, just under the eye area to even out Blunt’s skintone.
· Lastly, Streicher set the look with Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder to ensure it looked flawless through the premiere.
EYES: An Elegant Eye Flick
· Streicher first applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rosegold over the majority of the lids. She then used Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst along the lash line.
· To create the “elegant flick,” she applied Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir along the lash line.
· Streicher swept on multiple coats of black mascara to Emily’s lashes to add the final touch of glamour.
LIPS: Bold, Gorgeous Lips
· To create Blunt’s “gorgeous lip,” Streicher first applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Plumberry as a base.
· She then used Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Ruby to deepen the ends.
· Finally, Streicher applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Hollywood to the center of the lips to create an ombré look and provide a “pop of color.”
FACE: Natural Complexion Paired with Rosy Pinks
· To create a glowing complexion, Glick first applied RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator to Kendrick’s face.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Oil Free all over her face.
· Because Kendrick has a flawless complexion, Glick then applied Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer in #0.5 with her fingers, only as needed.
· Using a sponge, she sparingly applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen in Cameo into the actress’ skin.
· One of the main focuses of the look was Kendrick’s cheeks. Glick applied Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Soft Iris along the hollows of the cheeks, sweeping upwards toward the hairline. TIP: “This is a simple and easy way to bring out the natural curves of the face without looking too bronzed, and can simply be incorporated into a daily makeup routine. Her skin is porcelain and fair, therefore, just a small amount beautifully complemented her skintone.”
EYES: Smokey Eye Using Pearlescent Taupe and Plum Hues
· Glick created a glamourous smoky eye, without overpowering the full look by using three shades of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour. First, she applied Seashell on the inner corners, top and bottom. Next, she used Rosegold on the lids and bottom lash line, and finally Plum for the crease and outer lash line.
· Adding additional fullness to Kendrick’s lashes, she drew a fine line across the top lash line by applying Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir with an angled brush, making sure to fill in the top waterline.
· Next, Glick applied three to four coats of BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.
· She kept Kendrick’s brows natural, filling in with the Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Ash Blonde.
LIPS: Pink and Peachy Lips
· Glick kept Kendrick’s lips simple and chose Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Silk. “When I think of a princess, this is she shade that comes to mind,” Glick shared.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
What do you beauties think of these whimsical beauty looks? Will you be checking out Into The Woods when it comes out on December 25, 2014?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.