I have no trouble looking to spring and putting the winter far behind me. Bright colors, bronze skin and blue seas. I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face. And then I realize… it’s the dead middle of winter. No worries! A girl can dream, can’t she? Yes she can!
What makes this dream even better is some fierce Spring 2014 makeup. And what is synonymous with fierce makeup? That would be NARS Cosmetics!
Clean out your makeup cases, ladies! NARS is coming out with a new collection and you are going to want to stock up. My friends at NARS were kind enough to supply me with one of the Duo Eyeshadow Palettes and one of the eyeliners to create a springtime look. I am super-excited to share this with you guys, and I hope you like it.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
NARS China Seas Eyeshadow Duo
NARS Khao San Road Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
OCC Skin Conceal
Armani Luminious Silk Foundation
Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Pearl
Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Jazz (Berry)
Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara
NARS Bronzer in Laguna
NARS Blush in Orgasm
Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Isola Bella
Ben Nye Banana Powder
In September 2013, models strutted down the catwalk setting a precedent for what was to come in Spring 2014 makeup. We saw a lot of trends, but one that stood out the most to me was pastel eyelids seen at Mara Hoffman, Marc Jacobs and Prada.
I have always migrated to the colored eyeshadows when I stalk my favorite makeup counters. Not only am I typically drawn to these colors, but I always felt that they made my eyes “pop.” I decided I wanted to create my own interpretation of these looks. You can find my step-by-step instructions below!
1. Prime your eyelids from lash line to brow bone. TIP: Make sure to evenly distribute the primer, or the shadow will adhere to places that have more product.
2. Apply the turquoise color to the lid using the Eye Shader Brush. Then, using the Large Dome Eye Brush, buff out the color. I usually do this until I receive the intensity I am looking to achieve. I did this about three times.
4. I then took the brush with the turquoise color and swiped it under my lower lash line, creating a soft wash of color. To intensify it, I applied the Khao San Road Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner on the outer portion of my lower lash line; I used the Smudge Brush to soften the line.
5. Next, I used the Eye Contour Brush to apply a light dusting of the purple on my lower lash line, directly in the center.
7. Now on to skin! I wanted to look extra glowy, so I added my highlighter to my foundation. Just a few squirts and I mixed the two in my hand.
8. I followed that by concealing areas that needed extra coverage using my fingers. For me, it is usually under my eyes and around my nose. Setting that with some of Ben Nye Banana Powder.
9. BRONZER TIME! I used the Blush Brush to apply the bronzer to the high planes of my face, where the sun naturally hits.
10. Blush was then applied to the apple of my cheeks.
11. Lips are finished and hello, spring!
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you beauties digging this Spring 2014 eye makeup look? Will you be wearing brighter colors come spring?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Nicole Iannitti, makeup artist | Visit her website at www.eyelovecosmetics.com
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.