For the 2016 Daily Front Row Fashion Awards, Patrick Ta for Maybelline New York created a luminous, glowing makeup look for model Gigi Hadid.
Ta created a beauty look that perfectly complimented the bohemian vibe of her unique dress, which featured a cream corset with sheer overlay. “I wanted to keep her looking borderline hippie but still sexy,” he explains. The way he interpreted that vision was with luminous skin, a matte mocha lip and a wash of champagne on her eyes—all applied with a light touch. He explains, “Gigi loves a fresh, natural look that’s still glam at the same time. Applying too much makeup on her face is a crime!”
Get The Look:
- Skin: He began by prepping her face with a layer of thick moisturizer to provide a hit of hydration that would help the makeup lay beautifully on the skin. Then for an extra-flawless effect, he smoothed on Facestudio Master Prime in Blur + Illuminate.
- Face: He lightly applied Dream Velvet Foundation before brushing the bronzer shade in the Facestudio Master Contour Face Contouring Pro Palette in the hallows of her cheeks for a picture-perfect, sculpted look. To brighten under the eyes, he used Superstay 24 Hr Concealer in a shade two steps lighter than the foundation. Then to ensure long wear, he finished with a dusting of Facestudio Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Powder in Translucent over her entire face followed by a misting of NEW Facestudio Master Fix Setting Spray.
- Blush: Ta brushed Fit Me! Blush in Medium Nude on the apples of Gigi’s cheeks, blending it into the contour tones both above and below it for a healthy, natural looking flush.
- Eyes: “Gigi wanted her eyes to look bright and open,” says Ta. To get the effect, he applied Eyestudio Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil in Soft Nude in the water line of her bottom lids. Then he brushed the light beige tone in The Blushed Nudes Palette all over and smudged the champagne shade in the creases for shading. Finally, her lashes were curled and coated twice with Volum’ Express The Colossal Washable Mascara in Glam Brown for soft definition.
- Brows: To make the most of her naturally full brows, he gently traced over them with Eyestudio Brow Pomade Crayon in Blonde.
- Lips: The finishing touch: He lined and filled in her lips with Color Sensational Lip Liner in Toast before slicking on Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Thrill to create a sophisticated, shine-free warm lip shade.
Check out some of Gigi’s other looks that we love!
See how to get this VMAs look, HERE.
Learn how to get her beautiful brows, HERE.
Review, Swatches: Maybelline Color Blur Matte Pencil, Blushed Nudes Palette, SuperStay Better Skin Foundation, Concealer + Corrector, Eyestudio Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil, Volum’ Express The Colossal Chaotic Lash Mascara
Makeup Review, Swatches: Maybelline’s Spring 2015 Collection Rebel Bloom Lip Stick, Color Elixir Iridescents Gloss, Eye Studio Molton Duo Eyeshadows
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using BeautyStat.com.
Are you loving Gigi’s look from the 2016 Daily Front Row Fashion Awards?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.