When the temperatures escalate, your makeup needs to remain in place. There’s no point in you applying your eyeshadow, lipstick and foundation oh so carefully in the morning only to have them evaporate like desert clouds by noon.
So, how can you keep your color on all the time?
1. Use an oil-free primer on your face so it will not clog pores. Our perennial favorite is Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation Primer. Use a light-weight, breathable foundation with SPF as much as possible. We love Korres’s Ginger & Vitamins Water-Based Foundation with SPF 10, which is like Centrum for the face.
2. Use a primer or lip gloss on your eyelids before you apply your makeup. For the eyes, always go toward the sheers rather than matte finishes because they wear lightly and well. We love some of the MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duos that give your eyes a lovely, floaty texture (you can vary the intensity according to your specifications).
3. Use a light, sheer blush that doesn’t look as though you’ve been sunburned like Kramer in a Seinfeld episode (fans, you’ll remember which one). We are currently loving Rimmel’s Lasting Finish Blendable Powder blush in Sorbet.
4. For the eyes, use a smudge proof and waterproof eye liner. We love Maybelline Eye Studio’s eye gel that simply doesn’t come off! It’s like wall paper for the eyes (in a good way!). Also remember to use a nice strong waterproof mascara, like Covergirl’s LashBlash Waterproof Mascara.
5. Although you may be tempted to swipe some long-lasting sheer color on your lips, use a lip balm with SPF.
6. Finally, layer on a mineral powder all over your silky makeup to keep the colors and product finishes in place. We love Jurlique’s Rose Silk Finishing Powder that refines the complexion and helps reduce unnecessary shine.
That’s it folks! Easy as watering the plants — really! Melt-proof makeup is a cinch so go on and dazzle them on the beach (or wherever your sunny travels take you). Tell us, how do you melt-proof your makeup?
– Charu Suri