NARS has been busy behind-the-scenes creating some remarkable makeup looks for designers such as Alexander Wang, Thakoon, Tanya Taylor and their very own Creatures of the Wind show. As of last Friday, NARS Cosmetics created the look for the Helmut Lang Spring/Summer 2013 Collection runway show. Hannah Murray (pictured above) for NARS Cosmetics created a look based on fresh skin and lived-in makeup. For the designer’s inspiration, “Juergen Teller‘s images of Annie Morton came to mind,” said Michael and Nicole Colovos, the husband and wife designing team behind the label. “An off-duty ‘90s girl on a Sunday morning with slept-in, smudged eyes and scrubbed polished skin — a cool, effortless beauty.”
Murray wanted to keep the color and print of the clothes separate from the natural makeup look, “The clothes had a lightness to them with lots of color and print and layering so we wanted to toughen the girls up a little but do it in a fresh, believable way,” said Murray. “The focus is really on the skin, which is fresh, sporty and scrubbed clean.”
Below are the key products used to create the exclusive look:
· NARSskin Luminous Moisture Cream
· Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++
· Radiant Creamy Concealer (New for 2013! For a similar effect, try concealer)
· Light Reflecting Setting Powder – Pressed (New for Spring 2013! For a similar effect, try Albatross Highlighting Blush)
· Hyde Park Satin Lip Pencil – used on cheek (New for Spring 2013! For a similar effect, try Maldives The Multiple)
· Aigle Noir Soft Touch Shadow Pencil
· Via Veneto Larger Than Life® Long-Wear Eyeliner
· Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
· Cythère Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil – used on eyes (New for Spring 2013! For a similar effect, try Hollywoodland Soft Touch Shadow Pencil)
· Concealer – used on lips
· Bianca Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free product)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.