‘Tis officially the season for some holiday themed nail art! We can’t help but paint our fingers with tons of glitz and glamour in the form of glittery gold or rich red lacquer finishes. But, if you’re feeling creative, we rounded up some fun and festive nail art looks from our fave brands like, MARS the Salon, Red Carpet Manicure and JINsoon. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to wear these winter nail art designs on your tips to get you in the holiday spirit.
For re-creating MARS the Salon’s Hiroko Fujikawa’s Sweater Weather design, follow these simple steps: 1. Apply a base coat. 2. Apply a pale beige nail color. 3. Draw a thick brown line on the bottom of thumb, and gray lines on the tip of index and ring finger, as well as the bottom of pinky finger. 4. Draw a thin line with a dark green color above the brown line. 5. Draw a flower with a gray color above the green line. 6. Draw an “X” shapes around the flower. 7. Draw a thin navy line above the flower. 8. Draw some dots on the green and navy lines. 9. Draw a thin dark green line on index and ring finger. Afterwards, draw the body of the reindeer with brown color.
9 Best Holiday Nail Art Ideas: Glitter, Nail Stamp Designs, Water Marble, Christmas Trees, Snowflakes
10. Draw the legs of the reindeer. 11. Draw the horn of the reindeer. 12. Draw some dots and an “X” around the reindeer. 13. Draw a thin dark green line above the reindeer. 14. Draw some dots on the green line. 15. Draw a thick line with a navy color on the center of the middle finger. 16. Draw some dots with a light pink color, and create flower shapes. 17. Draw a zigzag line with a red nail polish color, and draw some dots around the zigzag line. 18. Draw a thick line and a thin line with a navy color on the tip of the pinky finger. 19. Draw a zigzag line with a red nail polish between the gray and navy nail polish, and draw some dots around the zigzag line. 20. Apply a top coat.
Red Carpet Manicure shares with us some fun, easy-to-do holiday designs using the Red Carpet Manicure Pro Kit (SRP: $79.99), an at-home gel polish system that provides all the materials you need for a DIY gel manicure that remains chip-free for up to 21-days!
1. Shape nails and use Purify Pre & Post Application Cleanser. 2. Apply a thin layer of Structure Base Coat Gel to four nails, leaving the thumbs for last and cured in LED Light for 30-seconds. 3. Apply two coats of Red Carpet Manicure Red Carpet Reddy Gel Polish – cure both layers for 45-seconds each. 4. Using a detail brush, paint the belt with Red Carpet Manicure Black Stretch Limo Gel Polish. Paint just below the halfway mark on the nail plate – cure for 45 seconds, 5. Using a detail brush pain the “fur” down the center of the nail and across the free edge (the tip of the nail) with Red Carpet Manicure White Hot Gel Polish – cure for 45-seconds. 6. Using a dotting tool, apply buttons with Red Carpet Manicure Black Stretch Limo Gel Polish – cure for 45-seconds. 7. Apply Brilliance Top Coat – cure for 45-seconds and cleanse with Purify.
1. Shape nails and use Purify Pre & Post Application Cleanser. 2. Apply a thin layer of Structure Base Coat Gel to four nails, leaving the thumbs for last and cured in LED Light for 30-seconds. 3. Apply two coats of Red Carpet Manicure Red Carpet Reddy Gel Polish – cure both layers for 45-seconds each. 4. Using gold foil (which can be found at the craft store), gently press foil down on the nail where you want accents. 5. Apply Brilliance Top Coat – cure for 45-seconds and cleanse with Purify.
1. Use Red Carpet Manicure’s French Manicure Kit to apply a French Manicure. Then, apply a thin layer of Red Carpet Manicure Glitteratzzi Gel Polish – cure for 45-seconds. 2. Using a dotting tool, create small dots of Red Carpet Manicure White Hot to create a snow background – cure for 45-seconds. 3. Apply a thin layer of Brilliance Topcoat – cure for 45-seconds and cleanse with Purify. 4. Using a striping brush, paint a Christmas Tree on the nail with Red Carpet Manicure Behind The Scenes Gel Polish. 5. With a striping brush, add color highlights to the tree branches with Red Carpet Manicure Celebrity Gossip Gel Polish and White Hot Gel Polish – cure for 45-seconds. 6. Apply a thin layer of Brilliance Topcoat – cure for 45-seconds and cleanse with Purify.
JINsoon Founder Jin Soon Choi created the below nail art using two shades from her NEW! Classic 1 and Classic 2 sets, JINsoon Coquette and JINsoon Demure.
1. Apply a base coat like JINsoon Power Coat. 2. Apply 2 coats of JINsoon Coquette. 3. Using JINsoon Demure, draw curving lines with a thin brush throughout the nail (This look is easy to do, looks great and allows you to use your imagination to create different types of lines). 4. Apply a high-gloss top coat like JINsoon Top Gloss to finish the look and give it extra shine.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Which of these holiday nail art designs are your favorite? Have you given yourself a DIY holiday manicure yet?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.