This travel-size fully magnetized book is separated into three removable chapters:
- Chapter 1: Contour & Sculpt
- Chapter 2: Blush & Define Face and Eyes
- Chapter 3: EmphasEYES
Packed within each chapter are Kevyn’s famous beauty tips and secrets that come straight from the book, along with exclusive product to create a wide range of endless looks.
This “beauty book” contains 8 new dual performance eyeshadows in matte and satin finishes.
This product coincides with the 20 year anniversary of Making Faces! The packaging is gorgeous. It’s a relatively small, sleek “book” of three palettes that all magnetized to each other and can be stored in the decorative sleeve. If you’re looking for an all-in-one type of product to throw in your suitcase for quick, easy makeup for traveling, then this is the product for you. Let’s talk about what’s inside.
In the photograph below, I used the beauty book to create my entire look – from contour to blush to eyeshadow to highlight to liner. It was quick, easy, and simple.
Here are some of my final thoughts on the chapters:
- Chapter 1: Contour & Sculpt | My absolute favorite is the Sculpt in Medium. It’s perfect for chiseling out your features and does not look too warm on the skin.
- Chapter 2: Blush & Define Face and Eyes | I absolutely love the blush options in this palette. They go well with a variety of eye looks. The definer shades are creamy and pigmented. They also blend like a dream.
- Chapter 3: EmphasEYES | Again, these shadows are buttery and creamy. You’ve got the right amount of blending shades as well as lid/browbone shades.
If I had to choose a favorite, I would say Chapter 1: Contour & Sculpt is my favorite out of the three. The best part about this palette is that all of the palettes are separable from each other. So, if you want to throw just the EmphasEYES in your purse to switch from a day to night look after work, you can just take that palette as opposed to taking the entire palette with you.
Overall, I think these products are phenomenal. If you’re looking for a high-quality palette that you can grab everyday and you really enjoy neutrals, I think this palette is the one for you!
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
Will you be purchasing the limited edition Kevyn Aucoin Making Faces Beauty Book?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Dawn Santamarina, Acting Managing Editor
You can follow Dawn on Instagram @missdawn1012
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.