Known for her effortlessly chic style, designer Charlotte Ronson is following the now popular trend of dipping the toe into the beauty world (we first wrote about this trend last week, when we gave you the Elie Saab fragrance giveaway).
Her new beauty collection will be available at Sephora.com on September 15th, in time to celebrate Fashion Week in New York City. Ronson created the collection because she wanted the collection to be for “girls who believe that less is more: they love beauty products but keep their routine uncomplicated for a natural, effortless look,” she says.
The products are created with a Light Filter Technology that diffuses and filters light (think of the products as doing the work of the paparazzi). The idea behind this technology is to give you radiance and flawlessness under any spotlight. The collection includes:
– Closer Light Filter Powder ($20): this is a cool powder that is available in only one shade that adjusts to you and your complexion. A no makeup makeup. We love this concept!
– 3x A Charm Bronzer, Blush and Luminizer Trio ($28): this is a triple threat: a bronzer, blush and luminizer in one.
– Summer’s Kiss Face and Body Glow ($18): a sheer, weightless liquid bronzer that adjusts its shimmer based on your lighting, evening skin and brightening tone.
– The All Eye Need Eyeshadow Quads ($22) come in various shade combinations for easy application on the go. Here we review the one called Dani.
– A Perfect Kiss Gloss ($14): these are six super shiny glosses in one heart-shaped component.
– A Perfect Mess ($20) is a styling spray that gives a perfectly beach chic look.
– Camo Clutch Makeup Bag ($28): we are loving this medium-sized camo clutch that complements Ronson’s look.
Below are swatches of All Eye Need Eyeshadow Quad in Dani that contains wearable purples for day and evening looks. The shades (from left to right) are shimmering pink, shimmering pale purple, pearlized lilac and shimmering eggplant.
The pink is a nice base layer (I’ve been using it as a primer all over the eyelid), and I especially LOVE the intensity and pigmentation of the shimmering eggplant which actually comes off as a dark brown. Layer the eggplant with a touch of shimmering pale purple and you have yourself a touch of frost. To get a deeper and more glam evening look, use a layer of pearlized lilac over your lids or on the corner of your eyes. And voila!
The Camo Clutch Makeup Bag ($28) embodies the Ronson spirit of “effortlessly chic”
The All Eye Need Eyeshadow Quad in “Dani” is a feast of purples.
Swatches from the “Dani” palette. I love the dark eggplant shade on the right which will go well with most skin tones.
If you’re a fan of the collection, or have tried it, please drop me a line below. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
– Charu Suri
For giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.