With the warm weather finally here and winter long gone, it’s time to ditch those dark lipsticks and opt for some fun pops of color. Kelly Dooley is a fiery entrepreneur who founded the activewear company BodyRock Sport, which was voted Start Up Fashion Company of the Year by Stiletto Woman in 2012. She has now created a new lifestyle internet company, Kelly Dooley Official, that is the purveyor of unique and innovative products for women who celebrate originality and a full-service branding agency for entrepreneurs. We asked Kelly to give us her top picks for the best pink lip colors.
“When I was growing up, my mom rocked hot pink lipstick and I never thought I’d follow her lead because she’d always get it all over her Diet Coke can and everywhere else. But when I was 19, I bought a Versace pink lipstick, now sadly discontinued, and I never looked back. Hot pink lipstick has been my signature ever since.”
Here are some of her faves:
1. e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Flirty and Fabulous, $3. The best aspect of this color is that it closely resembles my signature pink, NARS in Schiap mixed with YSL #3 liner, and has a great moisture effect and scent. This goes on so smoothly and feels like a hydrating lipstick.
2. MAC Viva Glam, $16. This is a neon color that I wear alone or blended for some extra pop. I love the color for outfits that call for some pink, but this has an almost peachy hue to it, which despite being such a bright color, adds a dollop of subtly. This color looks gorgeous with tan skin!
3. e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose, $3. The moisturizing effect is off the charts! Every now and then, rocking more of a nude color is necessary and I think that the shade is imbued with a rosy color.
4. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Schiap, $27. This is hands-down the best hot pink lipstick on the market. Trust me, I have tried them all. It is perfect and so great for layering.
5. Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color in #15, $24. This is a long-lasting lip color that has a clear gloss in the same tube. The color is feminine and girly without being overpowering. It’s not a color I wear often but when I do, I wear it well… like on those days I need to look like a good girl.
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
What is your favorite pink lip color?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.